Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why isn't there an Anti-vote with elections?

Options
  • 29-04-2002 12:02pm

I no longer affiliate myself with any political party, and so, in Ireland, feel very little need to vote at all. But there are a few partys I would like to see not go into power (through coalition).

It seems to me that instead of being forced to vote (if I vote at all) for the party in the most competition with the partys I don't like why can't i vote against the party I dislike? In my circumstance this is the only real way to use my vote as i would like it used.

I know there must be a very simple reason why this can't be introduced (It flips up the counting system or something) but I really do think it would increase the countries representative vote as disillusioned students like myself are actually being provided for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭colinsky

That's exactly what I wanted in the last US election ... a negative vote.

"Well, I don't especially like Nader or Bush, but we're in really deep doo-doo if Gore wins, so how 'bout I just give him a negative vote and cancel one of his votes out. Pretty please?"

...wait! is this what they tried to do in Florida?

Advertisement