Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of Rock/Metal do you Listen to?

Options
  • 29-04-2002 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Just wondering what type of rock/metal you people listen to?'Metal' is such an expansive term that 2 people who both call themselves metallers might never listen to the same bands.Personally,I listen to a bit of everything , but mainly black/death/thrash metal.

What type of rock/metal dost thou listen to? 22 votes

Black metal
    0% 0 votes
    Death metal
    0% 0 votes
    Nu - metal
    9% 2 votes
    Rap metal
    22% 5 votes
    Gothic metal
    0% 0 votes
    Symphonic Black metal
    4% 1 vote
    Gore metal
    9% 2 votes
    Power metal
    0% 0 votes
    Thrash metal
    18% 4 votes
    Other type
    36% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭papashiv0

Power metal seems to be very popular these days.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Man thats a tough poll, simply from my experience no one listens to the same type of metal all the time, and since the lines are blurred between the different styles that makes the the choice that much harder

(awaits the oh-so-predictable "lines, what lines" arguement)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

some examples of each might be nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

I don't listen to death or gore metal. It just doesn't appeal to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

personally it's death metal for me...but any metal (as long as it's not nu/ska/rapcore or trash i'm grand..possibly technical death and Brutal Death are the main types of metal i listen to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Hmm... this is a toughie. I'm caught between Scandanavian hip-hop corn flakes metal and German squealing-donkey megamix metal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Post-Modernistic Neo-Classical Scandinavian Dark Blue Metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Post-Modernistic Neo-Classical Scandinavian Dark Blue Metal.

Angelwhore you utter FAG, only complete tossers listen to Post-Modernistic Neo-Classical Scandinavian Dark Blue Metal. Grow up and listen to Pre-Modernistic Neo-Classical Scandinavian Dark Blue Metal.

pfft, kids..

PFFLE!!!
    Pre-MNCSDBM was sloppy at best.

Post-MNCSDBM is the way farward man!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Originally posted by Dustaz

Angelwhore you utter FAG, only complete tossers listen to Post-Modernistic Neo-Classical Scandinavian Dark Blue Metal. Grow up and listen to Pre-Modernistic Neo-Classical Scandinavian Dark Blue Metal.

pfft, kids..

LOOOOOOOOOL

classic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭papashiv0

Everyone likes a bit of power metal.

lg-Manowar-photo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

Originally posted by papashiv0
    Everyone likes a bit of power metal.

Unbridled insolence!!Manowar are epic/heroic battle/valor metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Funny, I would have thought the options were quite comprehensive, yet 'Other Type' has the most votes. :)

Although AW *is* the mod here, he could be trying to vouch support for his Scandinavian-Pseudo...whatever stuff.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Why can't I tick all the boxes????
    I listen to all that + other...

Frustration of the choice making....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I R MOER METAL THANN J00!!1111!!

Ok, people, ease up on the "FUNNEHS!"
    A bit of a laugh is ok, but I don't want a whole thread full of trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

your telling me a thread with a poll option of "Symhonic black metal" isnt a troll?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

What type of rock/metal dost thou listen to?
    Er, I don't see any options for 'rock' in the poll... it's all X metal or Y metal.... what if you listen to a type of rock that cannot be classified as any type of metal?
    You really should change the question tbh.. no wonder 'other' has so many votes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Bit disgruntled at the lack of Industrial Metal in that list - It forms the cornerstone of my CD racks at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 GOR3GR1ND

Hey Demo. You really should be allowed tick more than one box coz i like a couple of yon categories but i was only allowed pick thrash. WASUPWIDAH? Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Mainly Thrash for me. But I love any type of death metal melodic to brutal. I only really like Dimmu Borgir in Black Metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I denounce the lack of a poll option for Reinforced Screechy Fijord Metal with Sugar Sprinkles.

(Personally, I listen to Metal By People Who Can Actually Sing And Write Music And Play Instruments And Make A Sound That Is Pleasing To The Ear And Not Similar To That Made In A Serious Car Crash. Which pretty much rules out everything Angelwhore listens to, but there you go ;) )

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Would you like to compare some of the metal music that you were on about to your own favorite music (that you find is played by "People Who Can Actually Sing And Write Music And Play Instruments And Make A Sound That Is Pleasing To The Ear And Not Similar To That Made In A Serious Car Crash").

I'd like to see how you'd answer this without making a complete bollocks of yourself. Anyway I'm interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

what are "led Zepplin" and "Thin Lizzy"?

It's true that there isn't exactly any rock choices.
    And that Rap Metal, and Nu Metal are pretty much the same thing.

Anyway...
    I've said it before, no more rubbish.
    Now I'm saying, I'm going to delete said rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Thrash would be my favorite.
    There should be a 'Classic Metal' choice though.

Originally posted by DrunkLeprachaun
    Thrash would be my favorite.
    There should be a 'Classic Metal' choice though.

There's about 50 different "Should Be's" and only so many poll choises you can include.
    Such is life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

what? only one other death metaller?something is afoot..you are all conspiring against the best metal :P
    it's kinda sad that there is only one other person into death metal(you know the one with the best musicians..sometimes called technical death)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I, like many others, I suspect, enjoy death metal greatly - we could only have one choice so I went for my first love - thrash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

Well,when you only have 10 poll options there isn't much you can do.Industrial falls into that horrible 'other' bracket I'm afraid..I just wanted to gauge what sort of metal ye listened to...Now I'm going to crawl back to my cave...

Advertisement