Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netscape query

Options
  • 29-04-2002 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

I have huist completed my site. However one slight problem.

Site works perfect in Netscape 6 but in in version 4.3 (I think) it just dosnt show anything, I have been through the code but no luck. Any ideas anyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Could you be more specific as regards said offending code?

Bear in mind that NS4* does things VERY much differently to NS6*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

To tell the truth I dont know what part of the code is messing up.

This page works perfect on NS6 but NS4 nothing.

Here is the page URL

http://www.hotel-ireland.com/gresham-hotel/index12.htm

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I haven't looked at your code in detail, but it's almost certainly a missing or badly nested tag. Netscape 4.X was very fussy about this. Check to see that you've closed everything you opened, and that your nesting isn't screwed up.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I wouldn't worry about it too much. About 97% of browsers are using IE nowadays and the rest using NS6, Opera and a bit of Mozilla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭bobsmith833

Originally posted by BLITZ_Molloy
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. About 97% of browsers are using IE nowadays and the rest using NS6, Opera and a bit of Mozilla.

Well I occasionally still use NS4 because I£ can be a bit anal about certain pages, and crashes from time to time on W98 as well. I haven't got round to downloading NS6 yet, and that's the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

like blitz there said, I wouldnt worry too much about the fact that it doesnt work in NS4, but on the other hand if the coding of the page was any good, it should work in NS4 anyway.

this is the last line of the code:
    </td></tr></table></td></tr></table></td></tr></body></html>

now as you can see there the last thing you close before closing the body is a table row, if you have just closed a table row, it must have been in a table, so you need to close the table. I only looked at the last line so there could be more wrong. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

AFAIK netscape 4.x will show nothing if all tables aren't closed properly

Advertisement