Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Number plate question

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Danno wrote:
    erm, Can anyone give me a full list of the county-by-county codes for reg plates???

Also, can G, GY, W, WD, D, DC, L, LK, be clarified for me?
    oldposts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Oh holy god, what is the recent fascination with dragging up old posts? Perhaps people are actually using the search function now? :)
    You can find a list of counties and their codes here:
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/ZZSI432Y1999.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

seamus wrote:
    There could be loadsa reasons for it. I saw a car once regged 24-D-XXXX. :D

Are you sure it wasn't just 24-D-1? I can't imagine the numbers of 24 D cars running into the thousands :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I have no idea. I posted that like two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Danno wrote:
    erm, Can anyone give me a full list of the county-by-county codes for reg plates???

Also, can G, GY, W, WD, D, DC, L, LK, be clarified for me?

Where did you see 'GY' and 'DC' ???

There are proposals to introduce 'GY' for Galway county, but it doesn't "exist" at present.
    There is no 'DC' county letter in Ireland.
    (Incidentially, many countries issue 'DC' plates for Diplomatic Corps vehicles).

• Advertisement

(Incidentially, many countries issue 'DC' plates for Diplomatic Corps vehicles).
    Including Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Aren't they usually CD, i.e. Corps Diplomatique?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I mean some countries actually issue reg numbers (e.g. 'DC 1075' issued in New Zealand) with the letters 'DC' to the Diplomatic Corps - not just add CD stickers/letters to reg plates like here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Saruman wrote:
    ok anyone know a dealer? They must know..
    Besides i think the original post of this thread was answered.. i dont really care about who registers what.

The reg is from where the owner registers the car, or the dealer registers it in the persons home county, than the dealer make up plates.

Thedealer regs the car where ever the person wants it registered. I always fancied a kerry car :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

Occidental wrote:
    Pray to god that no one from the revenue reads this, or it'll be introduced by the end of the summer.

They could, they have yet to cash in on "vanity" plates, they can't have UK style "words" but changing counties could be done with a change in the relevant act.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I saw a reg yesterday - I think "REE53 TH".

Advertisement