Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soap in a Servlet

Options
  • 29-04-2002 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

posted this in technology, should have posted it here....
    I want to use soap to pass data from a webpage to a database. does anyone know how to do this or can anyone point me in the right direction.
    Also how do i restrict the input from a html textbopx to allow only numbers ?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

for the second part of your question ,

have a look at www.e-merge.ie or www.dol.ie , their scripts for limiting the ammount of characters in a text box {javascript} that they have for sending SMS's online , and then you could do something server side aswell just to be sure to be sure.

hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by motionmac
    I want to use soap to pass data from a webpage to a database. does anyone know how to do this or can anyone point me in the right direction.
    Do you have a list of the methods you want to invoke on the other server?

A nice intorduction to SOAP can be found here
    Also how do i restrict the input from a html textbopx to allow only numbers ?
    Use the IsNaN function (returns true if it's not a number).

Advertisement