Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone getting a different message ?

• 02-06-2001 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Im still able to connect to snl.. I still get the message saying that I am a registered user.. Happy surf'n.. smile.gif

Has anyone else got a different message yet ? Or are we just being charged by Eircom for the time online now ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Klay

You'll be able to connect until either the 8th, the 16th or the 24th...whenever you get your phone bill from esat...

http://www.boards.ie/community/Forum18/HTML/000040.html

"(Shaft error to Klay[b-airlock140.esatclear.ie]: Erection reset by queer)"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

And presumably in this case "still being able to connect" also means not going to be charged for it, as your phone number is still in esats system and the crosschecking they'd have to do would be too much effort to see if your on the off list and therefore send your usage to eircom and adjust your nolimits bill accordingly as well.

If that makes sense.

Just to add that it is in no way a guarantee that you will not be charged for time spent using the system from May 31st.
    It's purely up to them but as said above it really is too much work smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

once your password has been verified the software opens a IE window saying your are a registered user and you will not be billed for off peak surfing....hmm

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well the network seemed to die on me for about 30 mins at around 1.30 maybe that was waht happened you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

IOL No Limits

You are connected to the Internet via the IOL No Limits service. You will not be billed for off peak charges (ie) 6pm to 8am, Monday to Friday and all weekend. Happy Surfin!!

Click here to continue if you are familar with this message

^ Imagine that on a pink background and there you go Bard smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Well I think if you get the pink screen that says 'You are connected to No limits you will not be billed yadda yadda..' then I think your in the clear.If they try to bill after getting that then there will be scuffles smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i dont get the "pink screen" but thats cuz i set up the connection myself but the fact that you can connect still means your on flatrate.
    CLI knows who you are....

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

S'cuse the ould ignorance - but what's this "pink screen"? I'm still using the same Esat Clear Surf No Limits connection software and not any rebranded "IOL" software, btw.

Oh, and I'm not one of the 2,000 - but I'm still a bit annoyed at Esat because they won't let me change the phone number I dial up from .

Bard
    Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Advertisement