Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hit and Miss

Options
  • 29-04-2002 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

I laughed for fifteen minutes when I heard this, but the reactions to it always go to one extreme or the other. People either stare at you blankly, or laugh until they cry. Here goes. :D

A guy walks into a bar and orders a pint. The barman pulls it for him, and slides it across the counter. The barman says, "I hope you don't mind me saying, but I notice you have a Jaffa Cake for a head. How did this come to be?"

The guy with a Jaffa Cake for a head takes a sip of his pint and says, "Well, it's an interesting story; I don't mind telling it."

He proceeds with the following tale.

One day he's up in the attic, clearing out old rubbish, when he comes across a lamp. The lamp is very dirty so he takes a cloth and gives it a rub. Suddenly, a genie pops out of the lamp.

"O Master!" he cries, "You've freed me from hundreds of years of imprisonment inside that lamp! Please, allow me to grant you three wishes to show my gratitude!"

The guy is pretty chuffed about this opportunity, and thinks for a moment. Finally he says, "Well, firstly, I'd like you to fill my kitchen with money. I want to be really really rich."

The genie snaps his fingers and the guy runs downstairs to the kitchen where he finds wads and wads of 100 pound notes. The room is just about overflowing, and he can't believe his luck.

For a few months he enjoys his new wealth, but after a while he begins to feel empty inside, so he goes back up the stairs to talk to the genie in the attic.

"Genie," he says, "I'm ready for my second wish. You see, things haven't been great between me and my wife these last years, so I'd like it if you could make us fall in love all over again, like when we were teenagers. Do you think that's possible?"

"Anything is possible!" shouts the genie, and with a snap of his fingers, the man's wish is granted.

So the guy goes downstairs once more, only to be greeted by his adoring wife who looks more beautiful than ever.

For several months things are great - he's rich, he's madly in love and he's happy. But still, something is not quite right.

So he goes up the stairs a third time to make his last and final wish. When he climbs up into the attic, the genie pops up out of the lamp to greet him. "Master!" he cries, "What can I grant you? Are you ready for your last wish?"

""Yes," replied the man, "I am. You see it's like this; I've always kind of wanted to have a Jaffa Cake for a head."

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I'm of the "stare at you blankly" variety.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I laughed - does that mean I am strange :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

hmmmmmmmmmm a bit weird but i laughed well kinda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

*stares blankly*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I found it very funny. In a blank, stary sort of a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hehehe. I heard that before and laughed heartilily!

What about this one, similar to that one...

A man walks into a bar and sees a guy across the room with a lemon in his ear. He goes over to find out why .
    "Scuse me I'm terribly sorry but I notice you've got a lemon in your ear... why have you got a lemon in your ear??"
    The guy says blankly, " Sorry I can't hear you, I have a lemon in my ear."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Originally posted by Gordon
    Hehehe. I heard that before and laughed heartilily!

What about this one, similar to that one...

A man walks into a bar and sees a guy across the room with a lemon in his ear. He goes over to find out why .
    "Scuse me I'm terribly sorry but I notice you've got a lemon in your ear... why have you got a lemon in your ear??"
    The guy says blankly, " Sorry I can't hear you, I have a lemon in my ear."

lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

:)... lol, a nice twist on the 12 inch penist jokes, good 'un :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I laughed :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Well, I've spread the gospel - so my work here is done. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

mmm jaffa cakes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 snazzykaz

* staring blankly *

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Laughed in a *groan* kind of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭incubus

still laughing at both jokes pld:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

I laughed at you, not with you, while staring blankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

well i thought that it was pretty funny, though not in a laughing out loud type of way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

oh i think i laughed a bit especially at th jaffa cake one, people in the computer room now think im strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Funny in a "haha this joke is so bad" kind of way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I laughed, I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

:D
    dats the way jokes are spose to be thats a brill joke man
    lol i lfd till i cried as u say:D

Advertisement