Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stds

Options
  • 29-04-2002 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hmm. well ive gone and messed up and got herpes from a blow job. im always pretty carefull with condoms when im with chicks and had a very healthy sex life. but i met a girl, got a blow job and i think ive got herpes. im off to the doctor tomorrow to find out what the story is. hopefully im wrong, bit of a self diagnostics really,got a list of the symtoms from the net. anything anyone knows about genatel herpes would be great.
    great board by the way. people taking it seriously.
    if people dont have anything decent to say ,dont say it. bit of an issue with me at the mo and the last thing i need is some kid taking the piss/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Sorry but i can't help. Didn't know you could catch it from a blow job. I've also found that theres always a little prick waiting to take the piss so i've stopped posting my problems here. I've deleted loads when i get embrassed by people taken the piss of me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

nothing I can really tell ya I'm afraid, your doctor will most likely advise you to go to the STD Clinic for a full checkup - go it's no harm to know you are completely clear of all those feckin things you can get out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

You can catch it from a blowjob alright, Herpes basically IS cold sores, same group of viruses, you can get it fairly easily.
    (I DONT Have It)
    Bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

http://www.cafeherpe.com/gh/herpes_index.asp?d=herpes&p=transmission

See a doctor.
    Most importantly refrain from sexual contact with any new partners until the sores have completely healed this is when they are at their most infectious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Had a friend come back from thailand with a little case and As far as i know , if you go in to the hospital and make an appointment
    with the clinic , they test you and then they treat you in a quiet
    section of the hospital , really private like , and all for nothing

much bettter than going to a gp who usually will just send you
    there anyway..............

Keep it zipped;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

were is the clinic

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I only know there is one in the Mater Hos. in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is also one in Baggot Street Community Hospital - check the list of phone numbers in your local pub toilets :eek: Hang-on check this http://www.erha.ie/news/516.php?nCatId=148

I don't know if you need a referral from your doctor or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

i think Baggot st is the one alright, i could be wrong but wasnt there a small one out in Fairview too, I could be wrong, but Baggot st is the one ive heard of before

bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

There should be one in every hospital , just ring and ask for the number of the std clinic , its called something doctory , and theyll
    give you the number ( its not like they will recognise you or anything )
    then give em a call and set up an appointment
    they know most people will be shy so their very descrete
    just call em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Static M.e.
    just ring and ask for the number of the std clinic , its called something doctory
    "genito-urinary medicine clinic"

Advertisement