Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha CRW2100E Problems

• 02-06-2001 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

I just built meself a spanking new Athlon machine and I bought the Yamaha 16,10,40 CDRW... great, so I thought. I installed Win2k on my HD and the relevant VIA drivers... everything recognised and worked on the surface OK. Then I installed Nero and a couple of other Burning Software thingies and I tried to burn a CD. NOTHING. NONE of the programs would recognise that the drive would burn. Turned off DMA, updated the firmware. This is really ****ing me off. Anyone any ideas at all at all. Is the drive screwed??? (oh its master on sec. IDE on my Abit KT7AR)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I had the same problem, its Nero. Its not compatable with the drive... uninstall nero, then search on google for +nero +problem +uninstall . It lists 2 files that aren't normally removed, delete em too.. After that you might have to reinstall some of the burning software but it should definately start working in the likes of Adaptec Direct CD, EasyCD , etc. (bundled with the drive?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

What version of nero did you use? It wouldnt work for me until I patched it up to the latest version. Also in device manager try changing the driver for the secondary ide channel.

<edit> by the way, I am talking about the same drive. I built a machine with the same motherboard and writer, and it didn't work with adaptec, which is what came with it, so I put nero on and it worked. Slightly wierd.

[This message has been edited by Gerry (edited 03-06-2001).]

Advertisement