Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite FF game from these???

Options
  • 30-04-2002 6:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

i was just wondering, coz i have a feeling about 1 of them in particular.

Which is your favourite ?? 24 votes

Final Fantasy 5
    0% 0 votes
    Final Fantasy 6
    0% 0 votes
    Final Fantasy 7
    4% 1 vote
    Final Fantasy 8
    95% 23 votes
    Final Fantasy 9
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Vivi

I wonder which 1!!
    As every1 knows 7 was one of the best game every when it was brought out and is still ONE of the best rpg every. I dont think you'll get many diff votes then 7, even that 6 and 9 where good, id still go with 7, if you had put 10 in there then it would have been a poll you might have had to think about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I'm getting quite pissed with the shallowness of the FF games nowadays. the formulas being done to death.

I think FF7 was the best because of the impact the FMV had on me at the time, the strong character development and an unbelievably good storyline.

i was playing Phantasy Star 4 lately on a Mega Drive emulator and was amazed to see it did the gameplay elements of FF7 much better.
    it has the cool cyberpunk/magic/neo-futuristic style that FF7 had and even driveable vehicles on the world map. I'm a bit annoyed that console RPGs have got so stagnant... maybe al the GBA ones ion the works will better them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

the mega-drive games were excellent not many games made like them anymore. they may have been some what graphicaly challanged but were classic games none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭MelKor

ff7, because of all of the above and because ive had it for like 4 years and i still havent done everything in it, encluding raising a chocobo!!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

7. My favorite game ever. Very tempted to go into a rant about why. Hmmm. I'll refrain. For now...

• Advertisement

Rant away. 7 is the clear winner as I have said on numerous occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i obviously voted for 7 but i want to know one thing. why does everyone hate 8? i thought the characters were a lot more believable. squall was a wánker but that was what made him human. the plot while mostly a love story was a lot tighter that 7 and hadnt as many gaps and inconsistencies. i thought it was better than 9 so why please explain??

Well for me 8 was the only one of the series that didnt take me completely in, with the others you would get up in the morning an hour early just to play it and stay up an hour later at nite. I think the reason was that it felt that you were only playing it for the sake of finishing it and to see would anything exciting happen, the most exiting thing in the whole game was when the garden was attacked.

And, i didnt like the character they seemed to consentrate to much on making them look real (relism is a good thing but not at the sacrafice of the game and relism is'nt a big facter in a fantasy game) and left everything else go a bit, like the magic, the draw was the worst thing about the game, there was no skill envoloved any1 could go in to a fight, draw 100 whatevers off a lower level monster and raise their stats. Thats why i didnt like that game as much as the other Final Fantasy anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I like FFVII because it has a fantastic story, an excellent magic system(in my oppinon the best), I like the look more than the others(I don't really like SD), it has the best hero(zidane is a weiner), it has probably the joint best bad guy(kefka is also cool), at the time the cut-scenes and things were all revolutionary and junk, it has cool side quests and extra suff, it has a cool story, in my oppinion has the best world, it has the best flying thing, it has the best incarnation of cid, it has the best summon(kotr), it has the best music, it hast the most brilliant story ever, and I think it's a rather good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

The reason i didnt put FFX in vivi was, that it ain't even released here till may 31st.

It would be dumb of me to do so coz not many ppl have seen it, let alone played it.... however if they got it on import.....

All-in-all, that was my feeling i had, 7 IS the best of them all... it's my favourite game also.

About bad guys, Kefka is a real aSShole i'll admit, but Sephiroth is the ultimate bad guy in FF games :D

FF7's magic system is also superior to the others but i am playing FF6 atm, and that game is really good :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sephiroth was way cool but because of bad translation his objectives were as clear as scutter water. Therefore kefka wins out as my favourite bad guy. FF7 is still my favourite but is just closely followed by 6. 8 was well crap. And anyone who gives away rpg plotlines (yes that does mean you you twat who gave away the phantasy star plotline just before its rereleased on gba) deserves to be shot.

SHINJI or AMP please edit that spoiler out!!!!!!

Originally posted by Death Sentence
    The reason i didnt put FFX in vivi was, that it ain't even released here till may 31st.
    Good Point!! :)
    About bad guys, Kefka is a real aSShole i'll admit, but Sephiroth is the ultimate bad guy in FF games :D
    Sephiroth is the ultimate bad guy in any game in my opinion
    FF7's magic system is also superior to the others
    Also true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

For what it's worth, had FFX been there I'd have voted for it. FFVII was akin to a religious experience for me, but I had more fun playing FFX. So much so that I picked up my last savegame the other night and went around the world levelling up some more... Does this make me a bad person? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

no it doesn't i used to hate levelling up but now i sometimes seem to drift towards the darkside and spend hours fighting the toughest bad guys i can find. you need to anyway to beat the side quests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I just had a go on the FFX demo there this morning. Jesus christ its gorgeous :)

It's out 31st of may afaik.. Wh00000p! :D

Voted for FF7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

FFVII. It's the only one out of the above that I've completed, and one of my favourite games of all time.

As for the others - FFV I really don't know much about at all, I think I played it for about ten minutes on a SNES emu. FFVI seems very good indeed from what I've played of it on said SNES emu but I'm not going to try and get into it properly until I buy the PSX version. FFVIII was huge disappointment for me given that I bought it expecting something of FFVII quality or even better, and what I found was a boring slow-paced game with intensely irritating characters and really little to keep me interested - I never went any further than the early stages of disc 3. FFIX I haven't played at all at all, but I plan to buy it along with FFVI in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I voted FFVII, but what I've played of FFX , I'd say my opinion is likely to change when I actually get around to playing the game through. The game allmost had the same impact as playing my first FF game (VI) for the first time. The whole combat style of the game has had some major changes and some nice new features. I especially like the ability to change beetween characthers during a battle, meaning you don't pick favourites and totally neglect others. :)

FFVIII is **** btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Skippy

they were all crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

skippy,prepare to get spanked vicously :)
    FFVII was my fave tho,FFX looks luverly from the demo,pity i dont have a PS2 to play it on,is it ever coming out on any other formats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Doubtful, gamecube maybe? I think that's called FF unlimited though.

• Advertisement

FF tactics is coming to gba and a new FF called FF unlimited based on a FF anime is coming out on GBA. Square are making games for Gamecube but no Final fantasy game has been announced for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Definetly loved FF7, hated the graphics but after about 15 minutes, you get into the game and you forget all about it.
    FF8, well i really liked it, prefered the styling of the characters and the world but it did lack something overall that 7 had. Like someone said, 7 made you really wanna keep playing.

Having had FFX since it was release in japan in some form or other and then buying international i have to say that X is my favourite. Tonnes upon tonnes of little subquests (mostly interesting bar some of the celestial weapon questions which i'd rather shave my ass than do again), a game that forces you to keep playing.
    Fantasic storyline and more replay value (international anyway) than any othe FF, due to the large amount of extra bosses that pop up, like the dark aeons and der richter (you have to have max stats to just "hit" him)
    The fact you can bend rules in the game to get more stats and items etc.

I think square realised its greatness when they got feedback on the initial release in japan, the added DVD story in international hints towards a sequel which i have NO idea how they would swing, but i would love to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Bleh legendary weapon subquests, BLEHHHH.

/me wanders off muttering darkly about bloody chocobo racing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

VII was the best but everyone seems to knock VIII.VIII looked really promising for the first quarter of the game when it looked like all the characters had some misteriously linked past but the plot just went to sh1t from there just like xenogears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Excuse me????

Xenogears has probably one of the most intelligent plots you'll ever see in a video game. Granted its excessively detailed and you really do i have to go and read an faq on the various references to jewish religious books and the like to get it. But it doesn't turn to sh1t!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

VII was by far the best one yet, but IX was pretty good too, VIII was to easy it told u every thing and didn't make you work that hard.

Played a demo of X, it looks good the new summon system is diffrent you can replace your team with a GF for the entire battle as appose to just one attack and u can switch members in the middle of a battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

And the award for most one sided poll goes to...

:)

Advertisement