Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing a TV

Options
  • 30-04-2002 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

i wasnt sure where to put this.
    last night my telly broke...
    ahh

there was just a single 1cm vertical line down the centre of my screen. it looked like the picture was all squished up. the sound was working perfectly. i guessed it was something to do with the tube.
    i was quite annoyed as i nearly missed watching comedy on network 2.

i pops came up with a solution to fix the telly though. we turned it upside down and turned it on and left it for about 2 hours. the picture came back. the only thing is the colour is a little off now. we have decided to leave upside down and on for the rest of today to see if that will fix the problem.

any one ever heard of this happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Originally posted by gar
    i wasnt sure where to put this.
    last night my telly broke...
    ahh

there was just a single 1cm vertical line down the centre of my screen. it looked like the picture was all squished up. the sound was working perfectly. i guessed it was something to do with the tube.
    i was quite annoyed as i nearly missed watching comedy on network 2.

Good god ! Nearly miss the comedy. You are screwed now. No jokes to tell anyone else !

i pops came up with a solution to fix the telly though. we turned it upside down and turned it on and left it for about 2 hours. the picture came back. the only thing is the colour is a little off now. we have decided to leave upside down and on for the rest of today to see if that will fix the problem.

any one ever heard of this happening?

Well, I am the master of broken telly's. Same thing happened to our second one. Just took a while for the thing to warm up. I'd imagine that somehow, as you probably figured out, that the tube have lost it's alignment for some reason.

Keep whacking it until it stop's working, then take it to a repair shop, or a television breaking basement. They'll dispose of it in a remarkably dangerous manner for you.

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Originally posted by Verb

Good god ! Nearly miss the comedy. You are screwed now. No jokes to tell anyone else !
    your just jealeous cos you cant keep a telly working!

i may not bring my telly for said reason below now when i move in! that will mean no N64...
    Originally posted by Verb

Keep whacking it until it stop's working, then take it to a repair shop, or a television breaking basement. They'll dispose of it in a remarkably dangerous manner for you.

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Shock horror ! No telly oh no ! How ever will we survive without a telly. ohh wait.....

Gav

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

start getting worried gar, i hear gav gets a bit frisky with no tv to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

not to worry,
    ill give as good as i get :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement