Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this one is weird, ABIT kr7a raid boards

• 30-04-2002 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭

Ok, i just brought my PC up about 10 million steps in the ladder, it is quite simply a beast of a pc

but here's a weird one for ya. Everytime i cut the power to the PC, ie plug it out, kill the power at the socket, and then plug it back in and reboot, the BIOS comes back with CMOS checksum error, defaults loaded.

My thoughts, dead CMOS battery, friend thought the same (thanks flamey). However, i changed it with a good one, and no change. Now this aint a performace problem, if i leave it plugged in, there is no problem, just that the surgeprotector i have is bloody loud enough to piss me off when im trying to sleep

Any suggestions, also im going to assume that if i flash the BIOS that the changes will reset if its plugged out with no auxilary power form the battery

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

this is the reply i got from ABIT on the matter:

You should have leave the power connect at all time as this is a ATX
    system. Fail to do so on KR7 the CMOS will reset as it needs standby power
    from the power supply.
    The thermistor in the mifddle of socket should be close or even touch the
    CPU. If it is too high, you need to push it down a bit.

Technical Dept.
    Abit Computer Corp., Ltd. U.K.

Unit 3 , 24-26
    Boulton Road
    Stevenage
    Herts SG1 4QX

Advertisement