Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL Extra Points

• 30-04-2002 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

In my home now I have a single NTL Basic connection comeing in then I have it split 5 ways, so a total of 6 TVs from the connection, SO what i want to know is, can I get NTL to install more points around they home? How much are they, What will the recption be like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Do it yourself with cable and boxs from power city, if you get ntl to do it they will charge you a rental, something like a fiver every two months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jessica

cable spilt five ways - how good is your tv reception ? do u have a booster installed?

for ntl to install extra tv points in to your house it will be €45 for the first point and then €40 for every pt after that. Then you will have a rental on those points every month it is €2.36 per month .. or something like that.

While it is a cost, at least if something happens one of those points ntl will go out and fix the fault for you for nothing. Also might be worth noting that if ntl do go out and install even one extra pt there is a very big chance that they will disconnect the other points that you have running off the one that you are actually paying for. ( terrible but this is what happened a friend of mine recently costs more in the long run)

reception on the points installed by ntl will be crystal clear -we ll should be crystal clear as they will be taking the pts in indivdually from the tap. cable guy can you help me out on the technical bit here ? i am right aren't i ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I wouldn't let NTL near your house! I don't know if everyone else has the same box outside their house as I do, but mine only allows two connections per house! After that the cable gets split. I'm guessing you've used your two! :)

Just do the installation your self and use cable boosters!

Also while were on the subject, does anyone know how this would effect your connection to the internet over the cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Naughty naughty,if you already have 6 pts why the hell do you want more.Do you live in a castle or something

No, I have 6 but there all split from the one coax through a booster and the the wire runs from that to the tv, No box in each room, so what I wanted to do was get NTL to "Clean Up" the situation and mabey get better reception
    Also while were on the subject, does anyone know how this would effect your connection to the internet over the cable?

That is what i would like to find out also, and if i was to get it would I have to get rid of all my DIY:D Before they call to install.
    Do they run a new cable or do they split an existing cable or what?

Originally posted by Jessica

reception on the points installed by ntl will be crystal clear -we ll should be crystal clear as they will be taking the pts in indivdually from the tap.

I did say it already .. but cableguy you had to get all techincally with your splitters and thingys! why does no one in here ever listen a women, sometimes get the feeling my posts are ignored.

Kappar, to answer your query

there is no way that you could have a spilt signal and get a good connection for internet - assuming we are talking cable modem here.

If you wanted the full service and the max speed why would you do such a thing. to be honest that is just craaaaazy dude.

Any way, to be honest there is no question of this anyway. When installing cable modem they will take in a separate line feed for it.

point to note: ntl will not go out to clean up what you did with your cables, as far as they are concerned you made the mess putting in your illegal connections , so suffer. (Their point of view.) As i said before, if they didn't install, they won't maintain.

• Advertisement

ntl will not go out to clean up what you did with your cables, as far as they are concerned you made the mess putting in your illegal connections , so suffer. (Their point of view.) As i said before, if they didn't install, they won't maintain.

No, Sorry, What I meant was if I undone all my DIY then got NTL out to do it properly.

Kappar,

if you undo all of your connections, yes ntl will go out and install properly. Sorry took you up the wrong way there. It will cost you alot to get them out there to install the 5 pts that you are looking for but well worth it in the end. if it goes wrong they fix it and for nothing, that is when the turn up and aren't off watching the fa cup final somewhere.

cableguy,

Are you saying my analysis of everything is totally spot on. :D wow i wonder how that could be :rolleyes:

Thank For all The Info People I think I Might get NTL in now to do it.:D

Advertisement