Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EQ 2 or SW:G?

• 30-04-2002 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

Both will be out very close togeather so its told.Which one are you guys gonna go for?

EQ rocks but I think I go for SW:G as someone has to will out the alien filth and rebel scum of the universe :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

Sorry lads just had to come in and say this
    EQ sucks !
    Ultima Online is a FAR better Online Game
    But then again its a matter of opinion as usual
    EQ is go round killing monsters and gain xp for level's which i found VERY boring , where as in UO you can do what you like , you dont even have to kill anything , i gave UO up for this and it was a mistake , i quit EQ a while ago but im goin back to UO now:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Originally posted by Apocalypse
    Sorry lads just had to come in and say this
    EQ sucks !
    Ultima Online is a FAR better Online Game
    But then again its a matter of opinion as usual
    EQ is go round killing monsters and gain xp for level's which i found VERY boring , where as in UO you can do what you like , you dont even have to kill anything , i gave UO up for this and it was a mistake , i quit EQ a while ago but im goin back to UO now:)

UO has an awful gaming perspective, EQ plays like an RPG from a first-person perspective, it's a lot more immersive. As for just going around and killing monsters, yes xping is boring, but when you hit the high end of the game (even before that now with Luclin), 4+ group events dominate the scene- raiding tactics and strategies are incredibly fun. Especially when you factor in that while there are complaints about EQ's pvp, especially recently (sup manaburn), it has the best balanced pvp out of any game. DAOC and UO have such stupidly unbalanced pvp that griefing isn't just easy, it's profitable.

As for EQ2- it looks like a pos so far...the changes they're making will ruin the game, simple as that. The idea that mobs can chase people across zones...I wouldn't want to play on a server with Sullon Zek rulesets + that idea. It'd allow me to train level 58 Ta'Ew disciples from Cazic across Feerot, into Innothule, and onto hapless lvl 3 troll newbies. It's ridiculous- while SWG looks like it'll sell- the game design at the heart of it, is little different from EQ, but with more emphasis on 1-group activities. Time will tell.

Occy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

I reckon i will burnout with the PoP expansion.

Even now, it can get a little old, Just AoW left of the Velious mobs, and not sure if guild can be bothered doing ssra keys to finish off SoL (I certainly amn't) - so i reckon PoP will keep me in for a while, and after that I'll ditch the lot.

Cannot see me gettin into eq2 - much like a digitally enhanced version of an older film, there just won't be the same thrill associated with playing the game for the 1st time again - also I can't be bothered doing 1-60 on some new char.

I don't like the look of SWG either - looks like a full time job game.

I reckon i will u-turn to fps games now and again after eq =)

JAK.

ps- Venom - who you with on 7th now? I see TDE have taken over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

UO sucks.

It was fun in its day but that day is well over.The latest expansions are crap and have gotten awful reviews everywhere.The ability to do anything you want is great but the interface and graphics look well dated now.The lag is sooooooo bad for a 2d game its was unplayable for me and the constant nerfs made me quit.

UO may not be the constant exp grind that EQ is but its a constant skill point grind instead so its the dame thing in my book.

It got to the stage in UO that I had done everything in the game and all that was left was the refreshing of my various houses and then to log out.EQ at least has advanced so much on the original game and they add in new content and quest so often there is at least something to do when I log in and the guild aint raiding uber mobs.

Jak - TDE are pretty much on the way out these days.The lost so many members and the rest are are spread out on to many different timezones now to be a really effective guild.

I hooked up with Usquire Sidera which are a Euro guild(1 of 2 on the 7th) and we raid pretty much every day.We had about 40-60 people on line during euro timezone times and between us and Nightwatchers we nail most rare spawn like Vindi,Statue,Rumblecrush,Doomshade,kunark dragons,Ntov dragons,SSRA Temple and other mobs of simular ilk all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Whack

I reckon I will givew SWG a good go, and see what all the fuss is about. My two favorite sci-fi/roleplay stuff ever is star wars and Lotr, so Everquest and SWG might fit the bill.

EQ2 looks like its going to suck. The high end game of EQ (and indeed of most games, UO especially) is so full of underdeveloped, immature dorks, that I can't imagine what a version of EQ released for the playstation will be like... Imagine all the hormone filled teenyboppers coming in from high school wanting phat lewts and the chance to ks someone for a laugh - ugh!

Besides that, no way Im doing 1-60 again either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement