Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems setting up an email account with outlook Express

• 30-04-2002 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

I am trying to set up outlook express from my email account - I get the following error:
    The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail2.eircom.net', Server: 'mail2.eircom.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Where am I going wrong

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...actually, the IP is the same as mail1.eircom.net, but that's neither here nor there :confused:

The error message translates to
    0x800CCC0E   FAILED_TO_CONNECT            Cannot connect to server

Try going into the settings and replacing the string "mail2.eircom.net" with its numerical equivalent (159.134.198.135) in the "POP3 server" and "SMTP server" boxes in the account properties and trying that. Maybe your DNS isn't working properly.

Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

It seems to be OK now - one of those things I surpose.
    Thanks!

Advertisement