Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Dance Tune are You Currently Listening to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Felixdhc wrote:
    John Digweed - Choice (a collection of classics) (Azuli)

Just got this yesterday and its without doubt up there with some of the best compilations I have heard, especially CD 2. If you like classic house of the early nineties I highly recommend it.

Where did you get this please?

Currently listening to Underworld - Everything, Everything Live...the only way to go!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Bri wrote:
    Where did you get this please?

Currently listening to Underworld - Everything, Everything Live...the only way to go!

I bought it in HMV in the Pavillions, Swords. I assume any HMV would have it.

Oh right, just sounds like something that woulda been out ages ago...Presume it's mixed by the way?!

/me goes off to scour the web for a cheaper version :D

Bri wrote:
    Oh right, just sounds like something that woulda been out ages ago...Presume it's mixed by the way?!

/me goes off to scour the web for a cheaper version :D

Yeah, is mixed. I think it was the usual rip off 22.99 or so in HMV so probably would be cheaper somewhere on the web. Its only out about a month. The Choice series have various DJ's etc playing the tracks that most influenced them, like Back To Mine etc etc! The only other I have is Jeff Mills which is worth getting too.

Sweet didn't even know it was a series. Always decent when the DJ actuallys get to pick the songs!

Much obliged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

Björk - Who Is It (Vitalic Mix) (You can download it here: http://www.warchildmusic.com/ 70% goes to charity)
    Etienne De Crécy (Super Discount 2) - Limewire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

The Captain and Steve Thomas - Movin' House

Tinrib's sister label, Dirty House Grooves, at its finest

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Landa2

not sure on the artist but the track name is:- Strict Machine

does anyone know an artist with a track of that name?? :confused:

that'd be Goldfrapp. great tune :)

listening to "The Chemical Brothers - One too many mornings" now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

an oldie but a goodie - insomnia - faithless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

That sounds an awful lot like Chemical Sweet Girl. Lazy feckers.

I'm currently listening to: PQM - You Are Sleeping (PQM meets Luke Chable Vocal Pass)

Good old Yosh1toshi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I'm listening to "Solvent - My Radio". It's a nice and relaxed bit of techno/electro. Two thumbs up :)

Coburn - We Interrupt This Programme

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Christy1

ever heard l-x-carbo, ''Drops of Light''? wickit tune!!!!!!!!

Felixdhc wrote:
    John Digweed - Choice (a collection of classics) (Azuli)

Just got this yesterday and its without doubt up there with some of the best compilations I have heard, especially CD 2. If you like classic house of the early nineties I highly recommend it.

Disc: 1
    1. Voices Of Africa - Hoomba Hoomba
    2. The Grid - Floatation
    3. T. Tauri - Joy To The World (No Felt Mix)
    4. Hypnotone - Dreambeam (Ben Chapman 12” Remix)
    5. Smith & Mighty - Dark House
    6. The Peech Boys – Don’t Make Me Wait
    7. Propaganda - Your Wildlife (Red Zone Mix)
    8. The Beat Club - Security (Midnight Club Mix)
    9. Sheer Taft - Cascades (Hynotone Mix)
    10. Euphoria - Mercurial
    11. One Dove - White Love (Scott Hardkiss' Psychic Masturbation Mix)
    12. Dance 2 Trance - We Came In
    13. Desert Storm - Desert Storm
    14. Abfahrt - Alone It’s Me (Alley Cat Edit)
    15. Underworld - Mmm Skyscraper I Love You (Jamscraper Mix)

Disc: 2
    1. Babble - Beautiful (Blue Mix)
    2. Waterlillies - Tempted (Apple Crumble Mix)
    3. INXS - Disappear (Morales Mix)
    4. Megatonk - Belgium (Nintendotone Mix)
    5. DSK - What Would You Do (8 Minutes Of Madness Mix)
    6. Reese & Santonio - Back To The Beat (With The Sound)
    7. Jody Watley – I’m The One You Need (Def Dub Version)
    8. Saint Etienne - Cool Kids Of Death (Underworld Mix)
    9. Hi-Bias - Drive It Home
    10. Young American Primitive - Young American Primitive
    11. DJ H - Come On Boy (Larry Levan Remix)
    12. Secret Knowledge - Sugar Daddy
    13. The Cure - A Forest

I listened to this the other day and was actually kind of disappointed. Obviously it's different for everyone but I found some of the stuff a little too dated, and some just plain surprising for Digweed.

Anyway, currently: Sasha & Emerson - Scorchio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

Anthony Rother - Goodbye Electro

My juno pickins

Frank lorber - Mizu
    Blome Grummich - programier
    Anthony Rother - Popkiller
    Also got Fast Food Messiahs Junesex (Carl a. Finlow Mix), but the sample in juno isn't correct but here it is in .ram form

Propellerheads - Decksdrumsandrockandroll LP

Bri wrote:
    I listened to this the other day and was actually kind of disappointed. Obviously it's different for everyone but I found some of the stuff a little too dated, and some just plain surprising for Digweed.

Anyway, currently: Sasha & Emerson - Scorchio.

I think my problem (if its a problem!) is that I love much older dance music. I agree its different for Digweed but generally thats the buzz of these types of compilations, a collection of tracks that influenced the DJ.

Currently listening to a very old, bad quality but brilliant Warren K tape! Would love to know all the track names from it.

• Advertisement

Just got Ok Cowboy recently, listening to Trahison a fair bit.

Felixdhc wrote:
    I think my problem (if its a problem!) is that I love much older dance music. I agree its different for Digweed but generally thats the buzz of these types of compilations, a collection of tracks that influenced the DJ.
    Currently listening to a very old, bad quality but brilliant Warren K tape! Would love to know all the track names from it.
    I'd consider myself the same, but I guess I sorta expected it to hit the nail on the head for exactly what I really like. Too much vocals for me :D

Today: Global Underground Departures...the red one.
    Track 9: The Forth - Reality Detached is such a tuunne.
    http://www.discogs.com/release/9514

I know what you mean by the vocals, if I had bought that CD two years ago I probably would have brought it back. I have got this new soft spot for vocals of late, I love listening to them in the car.

Danz Saunz Distributors - Andy Weatheral Mix.

Copying all my old "Danz Saunz Distributors" mixes on to MP3. Did anyone else buy these mixes back in the day in the shop beside the old Abbey Discs in the mall?

Moby - Lift me up (Mylo mix)

thought the original was rather pants tbh, would've prolly ignored this remix completely if i hadn't gone on my current mylo binge :)
    another top notch production

Volsoc - Compuphonic Intelligence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭trance2004

Hardy Hard-The Silver Surfer
    Kai Tracid-Destiny's Path
    Trance Allstars-The First Rebirth, Go, Lost in Love
    Lovestern Galaktika Project meets Ole Van Dansk and Pulsedriver-Move for freedom
    Dj Baloon-Pu**ylovers
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i can't stop listening to the original sample from Beyonce's "crazy in love"
    its from The Chi-Lites "are you my woman" - - its the business if you like marvin gaye style soul

downloaded a herbie hancock tune a few days called "essence"-- a deadly drum n bass track, well worth a listen

Fat Phaze - It's Magic (Lottie & Serge Santiago's mix)

It's a good one.

Luke Chable live in Tribeca, Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Felixdhc wrote:
    Yeah, is mixed. I think it was the usual rip off 22.99 or so in HMV so probably would be cheaper somewhere on the web. Its only out about a month. The Choice series have various DJ's etc playing the tracks that most influenced them, like Back To Mine etc etc! The only other I have is Jeff Mills which is worth getting too.

I'm subscribed to the Bedrock newsletter and they sent me an email last month with a link to here to buy the CD so I bought a copy. It's not the best CD I've ever bought. The general programming isn't the best but you do have to take into consideration that it's a retropective of all the songs that influenced him in his early days, so with that in mind it's not that bad. But I can't forgive him for the way he chopped the fúck out of the Farley and Heller remix of the DSK track!!

I really love the Megatonk track and I have a lot of the other tracks.

The cool thing though, was that on the Azuli website they were giving away a signed poster with the first 50 or so orders, one of which now has pride and place on my bedroom wall!! :D

B.

Sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Who Da Funk? - Shiny Disco Balls

Soulwax - Any Minute Now LP.

Maybe I'm wrong here but on my first listen this strikes me as a load of overrated crap...wayyy to heavy for my liking. I've only got half way through and stopped. Should I give it a second go?

BaZmO* wrote:
    I'm subscribed to the Bedrock newsletter and they sent me an email last month with a link to here to buy the CD so I bought a copy. It's not the best CD I've ever bought. The general programming isn't the best but you do have to take into consideration that it's a retropective of all the songs that influenced him in his early days, so with that in mind it's not that bad. But I can't forgive him for the way he chopped the fúck out of the Farley and Heller remix of the DSK track!!

I really love the Megatonk track and I have a lot of the other tracks.

The cool thing though, was that on the Azuli website they were giving away a signed poster with the first 50 or so orders, one of which now has pride and place on my bedroom wall!! :D

B.

In relation to the programming I really dont expect much in that respect when buying these CD's. Its more to get hold of the tracks. But I do agree with what you are saying. I have not listened much to the 1st disc as it wont copy to MP3 for some reason (but the 2nd will?). Megatonk is excellent, other highlights on the 2nd disc are Young American Primitive, Come On Boy and A Forest - all of which would appear to be difficult to come by on vinyl. Did see Young American somewhere alright but was expensive, think it was gemm.

Today listening to - "Billy Nasty - Whos Zoomin Who" A great mix full of memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Bri wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong here but on my first listen this strikes me as a load of overrated crap...wayyy to heavy for my liking. I've only got half way through and stopped. Should I give it a second go?

I didn't like this at all.
    Listened to it once or twice and haven't gone back to it since.
    Was expecting much more from em.

• Advertisement

Mikill wrote:
    I didn't like this at all.
    Listened to it once or twice and haven't gone back to it since.
    Was expecting much more from em.
    Good to hear it's not just me.

Alex Dolby - Hazy way (Evil9 mix)

Heard the original and didn't think much of it but this remix is so different and its damn good :).

Daft Punk - The Brainwasher...

Not bad, don't have the rest of the album so don't know how it compares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Lisa Lashes - JFK War Bros Remix..

Bri wrote:

my thoughts excactly :)
    i borrowed the cd off my ex, expecting it to be along the lines of the nite version of e talking... the first listen has to be the most dissapointing first listen of my life (up there with always outnumbered... but at least that grew on me eventually)
    i gave it a second and third try... but "meh"

• Advertisement

tman wrote:
    my thoughts excactly :)
    i borrowed the cd off my ex, expecting it to be along the lines of the nite version of e talking... the first listen has to be the most dissapointing first listen of my life (up there with always outnumbered... but at least that grew on me eventually)
    i gave it a second and third try... but "meh"
    This is definatley reassuring... :D If I tad disappointing, I was hoping I might force myself into a few more listens and at least conclude it was acceptable. Alas no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

they are ment to be releasing a totally remixed version of the album, all redone along the lines of there dance stuff, should be worth a listen. Any minute now is a rock album and not a dance album and as a rock album I think its fairly decent, nothing new but it still rocks, they are very good live too.

That's fair enough I'll give them that much. Look forward to the remix LP but definatley giving it a listen before I hand over cash for it.

Any Minute Now was a rock album, like Much Against Everyone's Advice (before 2 Many DJ's). It's good enough as a rock album, their influences are Kyuss and Queens of the Stone Age-ish stuff. But NY Excuse was still the best tune on the album.

I wonder if they'll include the rock version of NY Excuse on the remix LP. It was released on the Any Minute Now single as NY Excuse (Faster Version).

Erol Alkan has Soulwax - Miserable Girl (Nite Version) on his latest chart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭mockerydawg

Evil 9 - you can be special too
    and
    Tiga Vs 2 Many Dj'S - 5 Days Off (Amsterdam)16-07-03 part 1

anyone have part 2?

Two new CDs today! Made being dragged to Blanch SC worthwhile.

Currently listening to "The Old Skool Masters - Ratpack VS Nicky Blackmarket"

Only half way through the 1st Disc (Ratpack mix) and good so far.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00002507C/qid=1115477281/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_8_3/026-9976409-1671659

Also "Laurent Garnier - Excess Luggage". Not yet listened but can only assume it will be quality. Saving it till later!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000C8X6E/qid=1115477501/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/026-9976409-1671659

CD 1 looks like quality old skool.

Its excellent, didnt listen to second disc yet though.

Now on to the Sonar Mix from Laurent Garnier Excess Luggage. Amazing stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭captain_frances

Sico wrote:
    Fischerspooner - Emerge

Best. Song. Ever.

Tiga - Move My Body (Only 4 Erol mix)

• Advertisement
Advertisement