Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slackware, ISDN, routers and networks..HELP!

• 25-11-1998 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

In school we have a luvly setup: isdn connection, a router and a 2 comp lan.
    The comp is networked to the router and the ISDN connect is permanent.

This is all great in 95, but for since I have no linux experience, I dont have a clue how to set it up in XWindows.

Regards,
    Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

did you install Xwindows on it, or was it the school admins?
    cos if u didnt install it, ure not the root user, so u have to get root before you do anything else.... ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 adidas

Yup, we do have X.
    Theres another lad who knows a fair bit about linux and he has the root p/w.

Maybe Win95 is great after all? :)

rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

nah i just wanted to know did you have root on the computer.

"Maybe Win95 is great after all? :) ".... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm no
    win95 is still cack :P
    linux is wayy better
    i dont use linux as my primary system cos i am mainly a gamer, not a programmer..
    if i had to do any actual WORK on my computer, i would definitely use linux over NT/95/98
    linux is meant to have higher games performance for quake as well im told, just that i cant be ****d setting quake up properly in linux(how to turn off mouse acceleration, etc.)

well if you have root on the linux box, you can install qwcl on ure system from www.quakeworld.net (im assuming ure teachers never touch the system so they wont find out :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 adidas

Maybe a little Quake :)
    Its in the guidance cousellors office and he thinks that im great :)

Where does anyone play during the afternoon?
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 b5

up

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement