Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the end of The Simpsons ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Rabies
    [URL]

this could be the end of the simpsons.......... what will i watch on TV now....... :( [/url]

Endless re-runs of The Simpsons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Get Family Guy Divxes and a TV-out card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

C'mon if your going to be honest with yourself you know the last season or 2 havnt been as funny as a few years back.

Im a massive simpsons fan but i would rather see them end it on a high instead of runnng it in to the ground !

Season 2 on DVD out soon by the way ...June me thinks !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Its going to be sad to see it go cuz I think its the best cartoon ever!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

NNOOooo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Darth Homer is right, it would be better for the Simpsons to end with some cracking story-lines and brilliant shows than just fade away with 2nd rate story-lines that we've all seen before.
    Take Friends for example. The first few series were excellent but I couldn't even be bothered watching it lately cos they've ran out of jokes, Chandler looks ridiculous, Ross is whinging even more than usual and even Joey wants to settle down. Too many marriages and babies!! Boring! But the producers know there is money to be made and are wringing every drop out of it's success.
    The producers of Ally McBeal on the other hand have got some sense, they realised that the show has gone downhill and lost it's audience so they've cut the show.
    Matt Groening realises that his the Simpsons has lost it's edge and he, quite rightly, wants to end it when it's still hugely popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The producers of Ally McBeal on the other hand have got some sense, they realised that the show has gone downhill and lost it's audience so they've cut the show.
    Thank Christ I won't have to watch that skinny neurotic little scarecrow bitch again. Bloody sister is addicted to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ehh, sorry to break it to yes, but Family Guy got cancelled a few weeks ago too. Which is very very unfortunate. I love that show. Americans apparantly don't have a sense of humour anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Good. The Simpsons recently has been nothig short of ****.
    The Africa episode was a new low in telivision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I used to be addicted to the show but then they changed their format.
    They concentrated on Homer's idiocy,
    they didn't ease in to a story-line aswell as they used to do,
    they abandoned Springfield for absurd locations "The Simpsons are going to Africa!"
    and finally they had stupid storylines, e.g Springfield Isotopes bought by Albaquerque, or any episode involving Lisa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

or maybe not...
    click here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

fox are making too much money for it to be cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Originally posted by D-Generate
    I used to be addicted to the show but then they changed their format.
    They concentrated on Homer's idiocy,
    they didn't ease in to a story-line aswell as they used to do,
    they abandoned Springfield for absurd locations "The Simpsons are going to Africa!"
    and finally they had stupid storylines, e.g Springfield Isotopes bought by Albaquerque, or any episode involving Lisa.

Yeah i suppose the Africa trip was a little weak and cliched-but the Japan episode was great:) And the one where the isotopes were bought and Homer went on hunger strike was a good one too IMO.Watch episodes from 1990-1991 or so and you ill realise how far the simpsons have come.Back then it was a weak kids show.Maybe it looked better first time round but watching them now its amazing to figure out how the show took off!They even made fun of the poor quality stories and animation of early eps in the 227th episode spectacular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭wee man

The simsons will never end, Its too popular and the money they make must be unreal.

LONG LIVE HOMER:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I have to admit there have been some really, really, really, really crap episodes of the simpsons in recent months, especially the one where Mod Flanders dies... worst... episode.... ever.
    AFAIK, they let some outsider muppet write it :rolleyes:
    But one recent episode completely redeemed the simpsons for me... the one where homer has some flashback to a traumatic event (Smithers father's corpse), and spends whole days screaming in terror... screaming in bed, screaming in the shower... oh I had many a roffle at that episode... best episode in ages IMO... long live the simpsons... long live the occasionaly funny episodes anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

It was proven to me that Americans have little sense of humour when "God, The Devil and Bob" got cut in Yankeeland for being "Too Blasphemous"

Thats show rocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

thats only if they dont win a award this year . fox wants to blead them dry first . like they have already made 1bn dollors off it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

"God, The Devil and Bob"

was a GREAT show. blasted stoopid studio execs

another toon i love that ended b4 its time was STRESSED ERIC. I think it ran on TV3

Nativity02.gif

Advertisement