Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MxPro - £ 89 chip upgrade ?

• 24-03-1999 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

for 89 quid,you could buy a p200 chip that would also run at 200 mhz..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

for 89 quid you could buy many packets of crisps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

we all know of or indeed have a 166 or lower pc somewhere? I have two at home and loads in work....

I have found this product called MxPro by Evergreen Technologies - it seems just to be a cpu fan clip on.......I'm not sure but they say it will bring a P75 or later up to 200mhz for only £89 - not to be sneezed at smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Fiend

Haha, got a celeron 300-a from the states for about 40 quid =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

yes..
    i dont know exact price of p200, but a celeron 333 costs about 60-70 quid sterling in UK.
    only snag is, you will need new RAM + new motherboard if you go for the celeron.

sure ill sell you my old pentium-pro 200 (o/cs to 266), and 82440FX motherboard to go with it for 120 quid if you want smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

is the p200 chip socket 7 or what

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Fiend

Upgrading from a pentium200 to a celeron is like upgrading to a p2. It's a major upgrade so yeah you'll need a new motherboard. If you don't plan on overclocking the celeron though, the existing SDRAM for 66 mhz motherboards on your p200 system (assuming you are using SDRAM like me) will me fine for the celeron system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Why?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement