Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoe size and related issues

• 01-05-2002 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

I have big feet. Size 12 in shoes, 13 in runners.
    I like them, they give me support and something to stand on.
    They keep be from falling over when drunk (most of the time).
    I enjoy my feet.
    I also have a massive problem with finding nice, comfortable socks. Dunnes are grand, they are nice and soft/spongey for the first while, before they get disintegrated. But hey, they're only €5for 3.
    But they are also only for sizes 9-11. Where is 12-13?
    Finding decent shoes/runners at sales is also a problem. They never seem to have the good ones in size 12/13.
    Why is this?
    Is it that they never got these sizes in in the first place?
    Is it that people with smaller feet wish to annoy the fúck out of their superior biped masters?
    Perhaps it's some sick pleasure they get from depriving a section of society from good deals on quality footwear.
    Why is this allowed to continue?
    What are the politicians' going to do to stop this oppression of well-endowed citizens?........

feet.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I have tiny feet, size 4 in runners, 3 sometimes. But as I'm a girl, it's not too much of a problem.
    And the great advantage is that I can buy kid sized Nike's that are identical in design to adult sized but for half the price!!! Brilliant!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Hell I use a size 8 and still have plenty of room to swim in - cant stand shoes though never make my bus when I have to leg it in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Kalina
    And the great advantage is that I can buy kid sized Nike's that are identical in design to adult sized but for half the price!!! Brilliant!!:p

Why don't you just stick a piece of fibreglass in my while your at it :(

[/sarc]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yes the time has come Brother Syxpak, us large feeted people must rise up against uur smaller footed foes! and crush them beneath the sweaty bringer of death that is my big toe!

Oh and I also find nike do nice comfy big sizes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

im a pretty normalish size 11

bomb

• Advertisement

The Rebellion is currently focusing on the issue of Socks, the outer-footwear shall come later.

If anyone has recconoitred a depot of such vétèments de pièd the Movement would be most grateful.
    No golfing patterns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i'm a nice normal size 10myself so i'd just like to say 'na na nana na' :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

fo size 10 fags :D

im a 12/13 also and nike to indeed own for comfy shoes

how ever i dont find a problem getting socks :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Aye the socks are a problem, most of the ones I get tear after 2 weeks as theyre all bloody size 11's :mad:

Where do you procure such items?
    What is they're life-cycle in the field?
    How much can these young mercenaries be bought for?

The Movement is anxious.

The runners which served me best were a pair of size 12 Adidas Falcon, soft foamy type sole, very very light, fitted like a well-worn flak-jacket.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Never looked for size 12, but I know penneys have the same kind of deals as Dins, and better quality (for once...).

Why not find somebody who would knit socks for you, with real wool and everything?

Don't ask me, I don't know how to knit... ;)

Alas, I can never wear wool directly on my skin, itches and burns like crazy for a day or two after, especially bad at night for some reason.
    Pity, cos I can kind of knit, and my mother is class at it.

I found some very ncie socks in Anthony Ryans, but they're a bit thin and don't provide much padding. I had some lovely cotton socks, but I tore the shíte out of them. Must be the way I walk or something, or the washing powder weakening the fibres.

The Movement is gathering pace I see.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Why dont u buy size 11 shoes, throw out the shoes and just use the boxes..???? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    Why dont u buy size 11 shoes, through out the shoes and just use the boxes..???? :D
    better yet just run away n join the circus :p lol clown shoes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

John your just hoping that this thread will help you score at the next boards night big feet big .... :)

kayos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Hey look Mommy Circus People...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Try cutting your nails , maybe you wont tear through so many socks or get some sandals :D:D:D:D , yeah a nice pair of nike air moses :p:D:p:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by kayos
    .... your just hoping that this thread will help you score at the next boards night big feet big ....

.... shoes..???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Im a size 15, and no im not joking, ive a terrible tiem finding socks, but i know a great palce that sells shoes and runners.

Ive never felt the need to bitch about it because, everying in perportion. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I'm only a size 8 myself, which is good because I don't really like feet. But I have massive hands I tells ya massive!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Size five, and laughing my ass off at you canal barge side show bobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Just get size 11 socks, they'll stretch enough to fit. I usually buy the cheapy Donnay sox0rs in Champion sports, they're like €5 or something for three pairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I'm a Size 13, Socks I never have a problem wiv.
    you know what they say bout people with Big Feet.............................................................

BIG SOCKS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

.............actually that's not ture - but it is a good gauge. If someone is big and tall and has big hands, feet, nose, ears, etc....i.e. if someone has big appendages they're likely to have a big appendage. But it's not always the case. Sometimes (rarely) someone with tiny feet will be well endowed and vice versa.

Personally, it's a nightmare trying to find a decent pair of shoes. If you have big feet all most shoe shops seem to have for you are boots. I managed to find one semi-decent pair of shoes in a big enough size but I only wear them for interviews cos they're too tight and tear the back off my heels. I always wear runners but even they are hard to find. As a result I ocaisionally get turned away from pubs with : "Sorry, no runners".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The worst is trying to get football boots. You generally want these to be about a half size bigger than your runners to accomodate for the more padded football socks. Trying to get size 13/14 boots is impossible and the blisters from size 12s are unbelievable.
    You would think that shops might cop on and get sizes bigger than 11.
    As for socks, the heels get worn way to quickly for my liking I dont know how many pairs of Wilson socks I have gone through over the past couple of years.
    On a big and comfy note regarding runners, Fila do a nice job.

Advertisement