Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaflets for canvassers/candidates.

Options
  • 01-05-2002 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭

These are leaflets you can hand out to canvassers and candidates in return for their party leaflet.

Word 97 format: InternetLeaflet97.doc

Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format: InternetLeaflet97.pdf

If a candidate comes around, please try and get a direct response. If a canvasser comes around, make sure you get the contact details of the candidate and let the canvasser know that you will be getting in touch for a response. Then, the next day, get in touch. It would be interesting if all the responses could be posted here. Make sure you ask about both flat-rate and broadband. Make it clear that the broadband currently on offer is far too expensive and only available in limited areas.

Canvassing activity will be intensifying over the next couple of weeks so make sure you have a few copies on hand near the door. If you like, you can edit the Word version and insert your own name and email rathar than filling it in in pen.

Any other suggestions for how the leaflets may be effectively used are welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Skeptic, brilliant. fair play to the groups invovled in making this.

gentlemen, start your printers.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

This is just what we need.
    We should also mail these docs to supporters who don't browse this Forum but might use the leaflet/argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

That will be done, vinnyfitz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Superb idea!

Just printed off 50 , hope thats enough.And if it ain't I'll just have to print more!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭KILLER.BEE

my printer is on the go as i type ... and i will sent it into work and get them to do the same as well the more the better

nice one

• Advertisement

Here's some suggestions:

1. If you have Microsoft Word, it would be good to edit it to include
    your name and email address rather than filling this in by hand.

2. You could also look up your candidates from the Irish Times
    web-site:
    http://www.ireland.com/focus/election_2002/constituencies/
    This will give details of all the candidates in your constituency. Edit
    a special one for each of the candidates.

3. Personalise the document by including a paragraph on your own
    circumstances and why Internet access is important to you.

These went out on the mailing list but not everyone is on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Printing now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Cant wait to see their faces when they see this one!
    printing up about 100 and gunna stick em up over the eircom advertisements, and numerous other locations.

Originally posted by Tizlox
    Cant wait to see their faces when they see this one!
    printing up about 100 and gunna stick em up over the eircom advertisements, and numerous other locations.
    Please don't do that. My phone number's on that and I only want to hear from candidates. If you want to do that, please design your own independent poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

oh right, well I'll stray from sticking them all over the place then

• Advertisement

Please do, however, pass them on to your friends, neighbours, workmates, etc. Also, try and sell them the idea and pass on the instrutions to solicit a response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

That is a first class leaflet SkepticOne !:cool:
    Job well done !!:)

Originally posted by gurramok
    That is a first class leaflet SkepticOne !:cool:
    Job well done !!:)
    Thanks, though it was very much a team effort. I'm just the delivery boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

great job looks well researched.
    But as our canvasssers are mainly monkey boys .
    I hoped you would out Tizloxs sig on it as that exemplifies the state of our net access.
    kdja

Originally posted by kdja
    great job looks well researched.
    But as our canvasssers are mainly monkey boys .kdja
    Nevertheless, you should ask them for contact details for the candidate, hand them the leaflet, tell them to make sure the candidate gets it, and then check up the next day and ask for a response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Great work lads, got a stack of them sitting beside the door ready to go. Only managed to give one to Sinn Fein so far today, hopefully more partys will be around today and the rest of the week. I'll leave in 1 to the rest of my street if I get the time next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭ando

i realise that these topics are important, but can the mods get rid of some of the sticky topics? its a bit much at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CelticTigress

Thank you for these leaflets they are excellent. I circulated them to everyone I know in Ireland who uses the net.

Tied the Fine Gael man in knots tonight. Hehehehe. Showed him my E*rcom bills, €150 per month on a good month, so it proved the leaflet was not shyte but very accurate indeed.

Advertisement