Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gateway2000 EV700 problems, BIG PROBLEMS :/

• 01-05-2002 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

The monitor is blank after it is turned on, and I hear a relay click after few seconds. The green LED on the front comes on.

any and all help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Remove the monitor cable from the back of the pc and test the monitor - the EV700 should show up a self test if its ok.

If it is , I would suspect your vid card (it can do this but rarely) if not you need a new monitor mate.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Is yer pc working,could be a dodgy graphics card,lead etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

took cable away from pc, no self test comes up

led stays green permenantly, the man at the gateway helpline said my best bet would be to bring it into pcworld or a TV repairman,

or else a new monitor

He would be right, the repair service they have is in the uk a company called teleplan, expensive.

Just remember if you do get it repaired your back to square one if it goes again - in the long run if you can afford a new monitor get one with 3 or 5 (if possible) yr warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Bet your kicking yourself you did not upgrade your monitor warranty.. only cost £35 from Gateway as opposed to how much for a new monitor? thats for 3 years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Gaz

Ah you would never know evilgeorge was a Gateway tech support person would you !!

Sorry Richard eh i mean George just opened you up to a whole load of irrate gateway customers there !!

But being a past employee myself i thought i should ... MUaahahahahahahahahah

wrecking your head who i am i bet ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Bet thats the first time i even thought of warranty,

didn't even know I was able to upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

They are better off calling Gateway then venting anger on Richie.. firstly he does not give a sh!t and secondly i know for a fact the people doing Gateway Tech now are sitting around scratching with nothing to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Gaz

I suppose so ... 20mins between calls last time i heard !

Get lost Saruman, you identity can easily be revealed :)
    Now find some work to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I had a problem exactly like this in my PC recently, make sure the gfx card is properly seated, as when I put my pc back together it wasnt in the full way (only a miniscule of a bit) or else try a different gfx card in it, may be a cheaper solution.

Thats why the monitor has a self test on this model - to save you the hassel Raven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I bet youre name is all over my system E gorge! if you are who i think you are and if you are thanks for all that help, thats if you are the guy who knows Belgario!!!!!!

;p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

When I first got my gateway (some years ago now) I went thru a monitor about every 2 weeks (an EV700). Power light on, just no picture! So the UPS delivery driver knew his way to my house fairly well. In the end (after the 7th monitor went) I wrote a fairly strongly worded letter to gateway informing them I wanted my money refunded. A day or so later some manager or other phoned me to offer me a EV900 instead. I took it and it's still working :)

Apparently there was a major problem with the EV700's some years ago. Seems this problem has reappeared. I can only imagine how annoying this is now... gateway having flown the coop and all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

YEah i heard similar atories with those ev 700s , i have an ev 900 the last 18 months now and no problems, but i did get a 3 year warenty!

Spookie Donkey - yes I do know Belgario - tis the same me.

Advertisement