Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCE disks and players

• 03-06-2001 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

Just came across some information about that new dvd region coding standard that checks for certain modified or region free players. I was just wondering does anyone know where I could find a list of players that are affected by it and is the standard only on Warner and Columbia disks?

[This message has been edited by Hecate (edited 03-06-2001).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

So far Warner and Tristar have used RCE on some disks (the patriot..). RCE checks a player to see if it is capable of playing more than one DVD Region. If it is the DVD will not play, but will just display a warning. Automatic Region selection mods are affected by RCE. Region mods which require the region to be manually set are not affected by RCE (Pioneer 636 ?).

There have been one or two rumours that Tristar are ditching RCE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

hmm that could be annoying since my player (Marantz 3100) does set the region automatically, hope it doesnt get widely adopted.

Advertisement