Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor screen is all red

• 01-05-2002 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I got a new PC, well new to me, and hooked it up to the monitor, now the monitor screen is all red? Is something not installed properly?

Any help is much appreciated.

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

it could be a nuclear storm or some strange problem with your eyes. either way you are fcuked.

my thoughts is that the pins that connect the monitor , the green and blue on may be faulty , or the connecters could be a bit dirty too. give it a good blow.

is it an old screen ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

is everything properly connected?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

a loose monitor cable will do that.

also check the pins as previously stated, although i doubt it would work at all if there were any pins missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

Listen to them!, they are right, I also had the same problem when my monitor went red :) Its nothing major id say ;)

Advertisement