Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF's promises ....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Originally posted by Cork

Well - They doubled Health Spending. Michael Martin has also deleloped a Health Stratergy. This government has done a good job on health. Much more needs to be done. I would spend more in reseach as well as hopitals. But I think Michael Martin has done well.

And they shut down the Meath, the Adelaide, and the Children's Hospital in Harcourt Street. All in central Dublin. And we have a dearth of hospital beds and people waiting in corridors 12-72 hours to get a bed.

Mary O'Rourke is a decent politician.

You can't regulate for competition.

This market has been liberalised for years. So, What cards do Eircom hold??

1. She failed us on the (reasonable and useful) amendments to the telecoms bill, and she had to know better. The arguments Fine Gael and Labour gave during the debate were cogent and defensible. But her refusal has put Ireland in a position where it will take another year at least before we are competitive in the European and world market.

2. Italy seems to have done. (See IrelandOFFLine for more; research continues to nail it down.)

3. Eircom owns the wires.

Bertie delivered the Good Friday agreement.

Bertie inherited the Good Friday agreement, which was forged by Albert Reynolds, John Hume, and John Major.

Originally posted by gandalf
    Maybe you should ask our King oh Sorry I mean Bertie & his Firstlady what the hell they were doing having a private party in Farmleigh last Christmas.

C'mon, in fairness, rich people go to parties. That's not something you can fault Bertie for. (NO I wouldn't vote for him under any circumstances, but seriously, this is a red herring.)

We need a proper national stadium in Ireland - we needed it years ago.

Sport is a money-making industry. Why can't they build their own bloody stadium?

I suppose Cork hasn't contemplated the feasibility of buying a house in Ireland recently, or taken a thought to the hundreds of thousands of his fellow citizens who are so contemplating, and finding themselves unable to proceed further than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Well - Eircom owns the wires but will LLU make them share the wires?
    Bertie inherited the Good Friday agreement, which was forged by Albert Reynolds, John Hume, and John Major.

I agree. But the IRA were on on ceasefire when Bertie took power.

The Party in the Park - Mulled wine & mince pies - It was a tour. You cannot have a party on Mulled wine & mince pies.

House Prices - I am rently at the moment. Crazy rent. I think I am working at a loss. I really should move home.

House Prices are crazy. The FG scheme for house purchasers is even more crazy. I think House prices are falling. I think that it happened in the UK as well. Bubbles Burst.

Bertie gave us the bacon report. But more has to be done.

Flat Rate Internet Access - Lobby People Lobby! - I think I will try and meet Bertie when he comes to Cork

I'm fast running out of people to Vote for:(
    Fine Gael , I have to say are as bad at Spin as FF are good at it.
    FF are so good now in my opinion that they have gone too far and lots of flawed logic is coming out of the fog.
    I heard Bertie on Pat Kenny this morning: He was confronted on several thorny issues and slitthered his way out of answering the questions.
    On the Bertie Bowl vs the Health service, he suggested that we had no stadium, and talked of all the money being put into the health service.There was no talk of the bad management there and what they were going to do about it.
    I was unfortunate recently to have two examples of the state of our public health service at it's worst.I pity the poor Doctors and Nurses that work in it.
    Bertie would be doing the country a service to persuade the GAA to allow other sportds to use that venue.
    For them not to do so, is in my opinion aiding and abetting the poor health service we have here, as it is forcing Bertie for his pride to build one of his own:mad:

I think Fine Gael made an error of judgement banning Corporate donation as they clearly need the money, to research how to run a campaign.
    It speaks volumes of their incompetance, that FF are wiping the floor with them, given the state of Crime and the health service.
    mm

Michael Noonan has made many promises:
    Promises to the Eircom Shareholders
    Promises to Taxmen
    Promises on Health
    Promises to Parents
    Promises to Oaps
    Promises on Crime

It is easy to promise. FF has delivered a lot - they need to do more.

Internet services are a rip off.
    Health needs to be improved.
    Better Industrial regionalisation in the country.

I am open politically. I believe that Bertie is the best canidate for taoiseach.

I think that the health service can be improved - but talking down the health service when people are getting treatment is a mistake.

The hospitals are doing a pretty good job.

But queues and waiting lists need to be eliminated.

Michael Martin & Bertie seem to acknowledge that more resources need to be given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I think that the health service can be improved - but talking down the health service when people are getting treatment is a mistake.

Michael Martin & Bertie seem to acknowledge that more resources need to be given.

What the hell are you saying here. The health service is a shambles and it is the GOVERNMENTS fault.

Do you think its right for someone to wait on a Trolley after having a Heart Attack for 12 Hours.

Throwing money at this is not the solution, so far none of the major parties have filled me with optimism that they will take the hard steps to sort out the Health Services. But the present outgoing government are so devoid of ideas on how to solve this situation it is unbelievable.

Cork stop spouting utter drivel and convince me. All you have done is convince me that your another FF lackey who doesn't have a clue. When was the last time you rushed to a hospital with a sick relative, your in for a shock when you do mate.

Maybe I should tell Bob about this thread. It would be interesting to get an input from the medical side of the equation.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"Cork", less of the verbal dysentery please. I have no problem with people posting information or engaging in articulate debate, you seem to offer neither. Either contribute positively or move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Was not Dick Spring (labour) on the board of Eircom?
    What did he do?

Did the rainbow government sell a stake of Telecom Eireann to KPN & Talia?
    Was this the sum total of their interest in telecommunications?

Did they not issue the third mobile telephone licene - but thats another story.

aLL pARTYS NEED lobbying. Saying one party is better or worse than others is futile
    1. He was there on behalf of the ESOT, he had no input on the running of the company really, he was just there for the employees interests, hence him not having any shares in the company himself as it might of made him prejudiced and bias him against the employees in the quest for more profits.

2. You contradicted yourself when you said they awarded the third mobile phone license.

3. Technically no, it was the ODTR

4. You basically have been entirely in favour of FF in this thread, stop contradicting yourself, youjust make yourself look stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

1. You think the Helath Service can be improved? Who doesn't?

2. They're only doing as good a job as they can.

3. No **** sherlock.

4. Who doesn't exactly?

A soundbite off 2FM today that FF will "eliminate waiting lists within 2 years". I don't think this is possible without providing a large number of extra staff (as oppossed to huge pay rises for existing staff). If they are promising they will "eliminate waiting lists within 2 years", why couldn't they have started doing that 2 (or 5!) years ago.

You can never absolutely eliminate waiting lists, you can reduce them to a tolerable level, but it would cost tens of billions to mean you would never have any waiting lists again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I think all parties are trying to sideline the health issue as its a political nightmare, none of them can fix it.
    The solution i believe has to be based on what other countries in europe do, like a higher tax rate to pay for a decent health service.
    This notion is starting to gain momemtum in uk as people realise that if they want any public service to be of sufficient standard, the taxpayer has to fork out more money...like in France/Holland

But no party has the political balls to say this publicly, all they do is offer endless promises on the subject to the electorate.

I notice in recent months we are adopting a policy in our health service that seems to be working in GB.
    That is exporting patients to foreign countries or buying space in our private hospitals.
    It speaks ill of the public health service management here that we have to do that.
    But it is in my opinion a good move in the current serious circumstances, at least some people are getting treated who otherwise would be waiting a long time or worse die.

I heard Gay Mitchel say on the six one news the other night that there are 106 committee's in the department of health??!!
    What a messy management system.
    The computer hasn't been invented yet to co-ordinate all that:mad:
    Little wonder that the system gobbles up money and the patient sees no benefit:mad:
    mm

Originally posted by madman
    I notice in recent months we are adopting a policy in our health service that seems to be working in GB.
    I'm sorry, but I don't think this has been adopted (unless in extremely rare cases).
    Originally posted by madman
    I heard Gay Mitchel say on the six one news the other night that there are 106 committee's in the department of health??!! What a messy management system. The computer hasn't been invented yet to co-ordinate all that:mad: Little wonder that the system gobbles up money and the patient sees no benefit:mad:
    Before you get mad about 106 committees, have you consider there are something like 82 boards on boards.ie (excluding private). How about we make them all one big board? And get all the computer managers in the Dept. of Health on the AIDS / HIV Care Committee (if one exists). Yes managing the health service in this country is complicated, but that is because healthcare employs probably 100,000 people and probably serves 4,000,000 individual customers every year. Thats why we have a Government Dept., then 10 health boards and the hundreds of service providers (mostly, but not limited to hospitals and voluntary agencies), not to mention the independant charities.

We have not lost the battle on flat rate. We need to bring the issue up with our TDs and highlight how the internet is so expensive in Ireland.

That is exporting patients to foreign countries or buying space in our private hospitals.

What is wrong at getting treatment abroad?
    There any many medical conditions which are treated about because there are no clinics here.

The E111 form has been a god send for many.

Advertisement