Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

network

• 31-03-1999 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

sch. just got a new network and up to now they allowed full access of the c:\ and the d:\ and the d:\ and the find command and the explore comand . and the msdos command but now they have taken away all all these privilages . i need to get back into the c: and get stuff and be able to access it any time that i would like . lads im looking for a easy way into the c: without going into safe mode etc... and i want full network support . all the usual crap i want to be able to access . thx lads and ladys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

can you access the C: and D: drives using IE or netscape?
    never heard of not being able to access the workstations drives before... very strange setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

in ie i dont think you can access the c: but i dident reely try it . yet . ida ther ill have to have a look at that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭[fist]Snowball

na, its standard in companies. they block everything out, commands like explore, run, find, etc. and basicly everything else so all u can do is just ur job. Its kinda sh*t. there is ways around it but u'll get into sh*t that u don't need. Sometimes ie works, if not tell IT.

Snowball.

Another sign in name ... he ... whats new.....

[This message has been edited by [fist]Snowball (edited 03-06-2001).]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement