Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jedi Knights 2 board request

• 01-05-2002 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Any chance of gettin' a JK2 board?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Hmm... a board for yet another Quake 3-engined game? This really does have a feel of

addtoast.jpg

for me... :rolleyes:

Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well we got an Op flashpoint board.. though its been around longer... JK2 is very good.. dont know if it will be as playable as Op flashpoint in that op flashpoint is a huge network war game.. JK2 is more single player... it has multiplayer but how good that is im not sure.. so when its played its played!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Inspector Gadget
    Hmm... a board for yet another Quake 3-engined game? This really does have a feel of

addtoast.jpg

for me... :rolleyes:

Gadget

Not really.

I'd support the idea. Maybe if the board was to encompass JK1, JK2 and the upcoming pre-episode1 FPS it would fair a bit better. JK2 is popular though as i think the recent server poll showed.

What's the harm in giving a JK board a trial run ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Anyone can have a community board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Would it make life easier for everyone if Dev just went through the Electronics Boutique release schedule in advance and created a board for every game?

It'd save the whole tedious thing where someone requests a board for a game four people on the planet play, myself or someone else points out that there's been zero traffic on the actual Games board about it, and then folk whinge and realise that what they REALLY want is a community board which will have two and a half posts (two of which will be "first post!") and be shut down in three months for lack of traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

As much as I love JK2 (sad), there's no need for a seperate board. Shinji is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Shinji just wants to keep people on the games board, where he is in full control!!!! :cool:

Yeah but in all fairness to the games board, who the hell is going to post anything there other than "Oh i like game X" or "Game Y is coming out soon, its gonna rock!" etc. Its TOO general.

Exactly! We dont need even an Op flashpoing board but there it is... i could request a Baldours Gate board as i love those games.. then whats the point of the RPG board if im just going to use that one? Might as well add a Tetris board while your at it!

At the very best a General Star Wars games board could work.. take them all into account but at the end of the day im going to use the games board for general stuff.. so i dont see the point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Maybe just a Star Wars board in general?

JK2 wouldnt have enough of a following by itself imo

• Advertisement

With the new film about to come out it might not be a bad idea! If Smallville gets a community then surely Starwars deserves one! And even StarTrek.. keep us trekkies from spamming the sci/fi board.

What people forget is that the existing main boards didnt come out of someone saying (as a rule) I want a board for this or that, but rather they outgrew the board they started on, and the volume of traffic dictated a new board. The roleplaying board came about because Hobbes and I were scaring the people on the quake board where we posted, likewise the counterstrike board came about since the posts for that had started to dominate the halflife board.
    I suspect all these calls for boards has more to do with people wanting a bit of powaa on the boards, than actually wanting a board to talk to their 2 or 3 mates on.

Can't disagree with that, although i also think there is a slight problem in that there is nowhere really related to JK2 to post. CS is a HL mod so it was natural that it would grow on the HL board, but JK2 / Games is hardly the same.

Personally I'd say post in the Quake board, since its using a quake engine. Thats where I posted any EliteForce stuff, and any muppets that say anything about it not been Quake, well to them I say stfu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

CS uses the HL engine and it has its own forum. Imho, There should be a following of the game before a forum is allowed.

When RTCW came out, they all (including myself) wanted a forum. Now, how many Irish players actually play it on-line ?(not just at lan parties).

Advertisement