Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland.com poll

Options
  • 01-05-2002 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭

Ireland.com are running a poll at http://scripts.ireland.com/polls/focus/election_2002/index.cfm

Not encouraging for FF in terms of the relationship between their voters and the internet although SF figure would appear inflated.
    FG	 24.15 %
    FF	 21.61 %
    Labour	 17.16 %
    SF	 16.44 %
    Green	  7.98 %
    PD's	  5.97 %
    SP	  2.32 %
    Other	  4.37 %

The Irish Times and ireland.com take no responsibility for the opinions expressed. These polls are not intended to be scientific: they only reflect the opinions of ireland.com readers who have chosen to vote. Results cannot be assumed to be indicative of public opinion or of the opinions of Internet users in general.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Victor
    although SF figure would appear inflated.

That'll be all the Yankees voting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Biffa Bacon

The poll is meaningless.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There are lies, damned lies and statistics.

Theres a very good book that was required reading for my Maths degree called "how to lie with statistics" which if anyone is interested in just how sly statisticians can manipulate the public opinion.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

DeVore, would that be something along the lines of people always go with the croud.. so if they think after looking at a muppet poll like this that FG are going to win.... then they will decide to go with FG themselves and be one of the lads rather than vote for someone who is clearly going to loose according to the poll like the greens or PD's

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Aye, DeVore, good book that. I've had a copy for about ten years now. Worth a read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I suppose the following proves that FF followers just aren't savvy enough to use an internet poll. (alternatives they didn't spam the poll or there are few FF followers left).

New link http://www.ireland.com/focus/election_2002/interactive/partypollresult.htm
    Poll Result
    Party 	% 
    FG 	24.18
    SF 	20.27
    FF 	19.06
    Labour 	13.53
    Green 	11.44
    PD's 	5.38
    Other 	3.52
    SP 	2.64

This poll is based on 8527 votes taken between April 25th and May 16th.

The Irish Times and ireland.com take no responsibility for the opinions expressed. These polls are not intended to be scientific: they only reflect the opinions of ireland.com readers who have chosen to vote. Results cannot be assumed to be indicative of public opinion or of the opinions of Internet users in general.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I suppose the following proves that FF followers just aren't savvy enough to use an internet poll. (alternatives they didn't spam the poll or there are few FF followers left).

Perhaps they don't believe in the Internet Victor? Now I wonder where they'd get that from?

adam

Advertisement