Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leak Finder

• 01-05-2002 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

Dunno if much of the mapping community know bout this handy lil prog i noticed at planet halflife
    LeakMarker 0.1B
    4/26/2002 11:39 PST | Community | by Jeh |
    Wow, what an awesome utility! Check out version 0.1B of LeakMarker, a mapping utility which will scan through your .lin and .map files looking for leaks. When it finds one, it will alter the textures around the leak making it easy for you to spot where potential problems lie.
    - This is a tool for showing leaks in a map made in WordCraft.

- It has been tested with "WC 3.3" & "WC 3.4"
    Compilers tested:
    * "Zoner's Halflife Tools 2.5.3"
    * "Standard Compile tools."

- 0.1B -

Added Texture, EntityClass, EntityName and changed the xzy-textboxes to only one.
    The design of the program has been changed to.
    Managed to decrease the filesize of the program.
    No bugs has been fixed. Is there any?

Download it at
    http://personalserver.fileplanet.com/redir.asp?from=PHLRUX&to=http%3A//www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp%3F/planethalflife/maps/lm01b.zip

God its quiet here lately

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Whats this i see in the distance yes i think it is a post! Pld Danny handy little prog i'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

yeh, saw that on valve-erc.com

but didnt bother checking it out.

maybe i will :) when i am not lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Ditto ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Excellent.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

There's another way of avoiding nasty evil leaks... Try mapping a little better ;)

Rarely get a leak problem myself anymore, but Im sure the program can be handy when you've made of those really awkward and detailed maps that look like the spaghetti junction in the 2D windows...

Pat on the back for Danny.

PS. Yes it's quiet in here again, but I've refrained from dragging back my old moany posts going on about how quiet it is because it doesn't cure anything.

I'll retort to leather whips and dildo's next if you fluckers don't wake up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Originally posted by RopeDrink

I'll retort to leather whips and dildo's next if you fluckers don't wake up.

Hehe that a promise :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Rope, you will never get a leak if you make a hollow box around your maps :/

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Nooooooooo really!?
    Who said I Still use hollow boxes all over my maps!?

Considering a lot of my recent work contains underground elements and sewers, I can't use hollow boxes anymore, because it really slows down the map... But it IS a valid way of preventing leak problems...

Still... You've made a good point there, in a sarky kind of way :)
    bastid :D

Advertisement