Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rang eircom about ADSL in the southeast today..

Options
  • 01-05-2002 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

*ring ring*
    *ring ring*
    Hello, This is eircom, ***** speaking, how may I help you?
    Me: Hello?
    Operator: Hi
    Me: Yeah, I was wondering, When will ADSL be availble in Waterford?
    Operator: Sorry?
    *I repeat myself*
    Operator: Ummmm...Im not excactly sure, but it should be a long wait yet for the Southeast...
    Me: Oh, right.
    Operator: Whats your name and number:
    *I give my name and number*
    Operator: ok, well,I'll have somebody contact you with details.

Its been 4 hours and I still havent received a response... hmm..
    Well, As stated, It'll be a long wait before the southeast receives broadband... damn it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Shamo

Maybe ESAT will get here in the southeast before Eircom.
    Even if Eircom did release it here before ESAT I wouldn't be buying it.

ESAT all the way for me. That's if it has no cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RFHost

There isn't!!
    ESAT all the way for me. That's if it has no cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I best give ESAT a ring then.
    whats their number?

1800 924 924

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I rang up a while ago to get my phone line fix, I broke it some how, tripped over the wire, anyway did want to pay for the damage as I pay my phone bill with Eircom Line Rental.

So I was giving out to the repairs operator about having to pay, and the fact that eircom make plenty of money blaa blaa blaa.

She was very good in explaining to me that Esat had been given the opertunity to put in their own lines but didn't want to and that they where happy to take the phone bills but not the line rental, NTL had started to put in their own lines but stopped after they found out that it was to expencive.

So in conclusion i dont think that esat will be able Broadband (If thats their attitude), their owned by BT who are having problems with that in Britian anyway, they will go and try to get their lines sorted in UK first i guess.

Oh i didnt have to pay for the repairs in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Shamo
    Maybe ESAT will get here in the southeast before Eircom.
    Even if Eircom did release it here before ESAT I wouldn't be buying it.

Doubt full,

Waterford Is a pretty big town, id imagine that it would be rolled out there, maybe in time for the election after next

Originally posted by Boston

Doubt full,

Waterford Is a pretty big town, id imagine that it would be rolled out there, maybe in time for the election after next

I live in Wexford not Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭XbLaDe

I sent an email to Eircom demanding an answer why waterford was not on the list and why smaller towns like Westport and tralee were being upgraded first.

I got the usual bull ( density of population, line quality etc )

In their reply they said ADSL should be in Waterford by the end of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Waterford is on the broadband map by years end, thats great, pity I wont be willing to shell out the neccessary reddies though!

Mike.

Advertisement