Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candidate to be fined for putting up posters early

Options
  • 02-05-2002 3:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭

Poster fine fright for independent

INDEPENDENT candidate Eddie Collins-Hughes was "down in the dumps" yesterday. The Carlow candidate was forced to go to Powerstown dump in an effort to salvage his campaign posters.

The former frontman of the Carers' Association put his posters up too early, according to Carlow Co Council.

They took them down, placed them in the stores in the dump and threatened to fine him €125 for every poster they were forced to remove.

More at http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=9&si=743443&issue_id=7323

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

LOL :D

He's had his posters up for aaages. All over the place too, at the entrances to Carlow IT and all around Kilkenny. He has a lot of them at major road junctions, so that people end up staring at them whilst stuck at the lights ;)

I might still vote for him though, i'd rather not vote for FF or FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

His posters are no good, His picture is not on them.

Why fine him? The other parties had their posters up before the election was called. ????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Of course it would be better if they weren't allowed poster at all - especially those Labour ones designed to look like road signs

but yeah posters have been up around my area (Castleknock) for a month by now

Advertisement