Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drowning pool

Options
  • 02-05-2002 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

recently started listening to drowning pool , their excellent , almost as good as system of a down , .well just thought id let ye know

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I like bodies but theres too many different cuts of the song, the older one is 100 times better than the version they are playing on kerrang at the moment. i heard some of their other stuff and its pretty cool too.

bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

your signature is so cool , i totally love system of a down .the version on kerrang is ok , but you right not as good as the other .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

personally i find them boring..their music is simple and well quite bland.never thought they would take off they way they did!

na i think there pretty good , better than lost prophets at least .any band suggestions ?i might be able to afford a new cd soon so ...............

depends what you want to hear.. opeth are really good..damn OLDYELLAR clean out your inbox / PM thingie

• Advertisement

ok i jus did clear it out . PM ME!

ok i jus did clear it out . PM ME!
    well i would but your box(!) is full again

ok that sounds SOO dirty :p

oooohhhh , anyway now i deleted evertthing in there , so fire away !

so fire away
    now that's jst an open invite for me to twist everything everybody says into something dirty :)

you said twist everybody !hahahah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

Drowning Pool's only good song is bodies , i have their ablum sinner and its rubbish , SOAD are good , first album was crap bt toxicity is good enough , any one listen to Metallica any more ??:)

metallica are well class , got a loan of an album once and loved it . yeah i got both of those soad albums , toxicity brilliant , the other one is pretty good , but could of been better ,metallica do a sweet , whiskey in the jar !

so i did..it's my mission in lifew,nae MY BIRTH RIGHT!

you want some help with your mission ?

you want some help with your mission ?

are you good with your hands?

ok enough!!must stop with the dirty mindedness..the curse of my life :p

yeah you hav to stop now , this is a board for metal and rock .neway ....................

yeah..but what's more metal that big hair,yellow leather and a BIG pose?

yeah thats so true .da yellow always does it 4 me as you well know

SOADs first album was amazing , really heavy and different.
    I like lost prophets! kinda chill out rocky light metal
    MetallicA have gone to ****e, i dont care what anyone says, oldyeller if you want good metallica get Ride the lightning or master of puppets.

Rock on tommy!

BomB F'n IdoL

thanks for the tip bombidol , i jur mite . i much preferred toxicity , but i never heard any thing like their first album b4 , sugar just rocks so bloody hard !i dont think much a lost prophets , whereas disturbed , oh man , now they hit the spot , wot u tink ?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Ruaidhri

well i would but your box(!) is full again

ok that sounds SOO dirty :p
    see above

oh im so sorry , an i really want to hear this story , i l go empty it again , ok ?

Disturbed are one of my favourite bands of the last few years, theres no promises of artsy fartsy crap, no stupid press releases or anything like that, just pure ****ing ROCK, the riffs and vocals are like a disease man, you listen once and youre humming it for a week, Dude if you like all this kinda music you should come to the Irish Whip Wrestling Show, im planning some kick ass intros and stuff with some kickass tunes.

bomb

really wheres that at ?hey thats so true about disturbed , voices is so brilliant , they hav tunes that u jus cant get out a your head . hey be any chance , you like ill nino ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I find disturbed a bit boring to be honest, their singles are great but the album tracks do nothing for me.
    Ill nino are fairly good, thinking of going to see them on the 4th.

the show is in tallaght june 15th, go to
    www.3count.2ya.com and go to the irish whip section for details.

Bomb

name a good il nino tune or a few of em and ill check em out.
    Disturbed didnt release down with the sickness did they? cause thats one of the best on the album, im trying to make that tune the shows main music

bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

In my opinion (its all a matter of opinion) i dident think the first SOAD ablum was great , every second word was **** this and **** you and **** that , not that a have a problem with cursing in songs but Serj or whatever his name is went over the top , Metallica's songs i think are still good , i love em all right from black album up to S&M , whats with the wrestling man ?? THE ROCK HAS COME BACK (so on so on) . never heard disturbed , any good ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hmm...
    Not much on Drowning Pool, or Disturbed.
    But...

[AngelWhore Personal Reconmendation Imminant]
    *Danger Will Robinson*

Judging by some tastes here, I think you guys might want to listen to a Danish band called Withering Surface. They blend the whole Gothenburg metal style in with the nu-metal aproach. Bit like a more commercial Dark Tranquility.

Listen to the song Joyless Journey and tell me what you think.

They're a bit more experimental than the usual. Which is refreshing.
    Although they do rip a good bit off Dark Tranquility, with the whole keyboard sound.
    But well worth checking out, I should think.

And those of you who are Earthtone9 fans, Withering Surface are signed to the same label.
    So you know you're most likely getting the same quality.

Check it out.

• Advertisement

thanks for the recommendation anglewhore , i must check them out .bombidol , im not sure about that disturbed release but some excellent ill nino tunes for you to check out are liar , what comes around and if you still hate me , i think there all on the same album called revolution revolucion , but i am open to correction on that . and for you apocalypse , i can see whwere your coming from about all the cursing on the first soad album , like yourself i hav no problem with cursing but it was fairly rough , but still pretty good , toxicity , unbeatable in my opinion . anyway disturbed , excellent i recommend them strongly , check out these tunes .. voices , numb , and fear , there class , you will be hooked on them in no time .

Advertisement