Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linux Mandrake 8.0 & ISDN

• 02-06-2001 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

guys,

I have an Asus ISDN card & am trying to use mdk 8.0 which is on this months pcplus. Anyway, ppp setup with mdk installer seems to work fine, it detects the card correctly, seems to be working fine, but when I try to connect it just seems to time out. No error message, nothing.

Anyone managed to get this combination working?

Q

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I had the same problem with my 56k modem, dectects it and sets it up but wont dial out.
    sorry but im no help.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Quorthon

anyone, anyone at all????????

God this is frustrating, I'm beginnning to remember why I ditched Linux a year ago in the first place......

Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i may have misread your message.
    can you actually dial out?
    if so, have you specified a primary/secondary DNS server in PPP?

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Quorthon

actually thanx Chernobyl m8, I managed to get it going with some help from some d00dz on Barrysworld.

It had nothing to do with DNS. In actual fact the hisax driver was correctly identifying my card as an asus card, type 12, which did not work. Logically enough rolleyes.gif , my card needs to be specified as a type 35,(some completely unrelated name), which in my experience for Linux ius quite common. Anyway, changing card types for the driver has done the trick.

Q

Advertisement