Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The (old) Metal Show

Options
  • 02-05-2002 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

do any of you yong 'uns remember it? should we petition 2FM to bring it back..
    the support it gave to demo bands in ireland was amazing.remember hearing tooth(then nero)on it for the first time. and a million other drmo bands.them were the days

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Yeah, I've spoken to Tommy in the Sound Cellar about this (he used to supply all the CDs for the show) and he was a bit pissed that it was taken off the air. That was the only decent thing on radio back in the day, and made my commuting to Carlow for College on a sunday evening a little bit easier.

Bring it back, ya hoors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

It was a shame they took John Kenny's show of the air on 2fm. Today FM have a guy called 'dad rock' on a sunday between 9-11pm. Unfortunately its not as good. Bring back The Metal Show on 2fm

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Yeah... Ireland needs some variety on the national radio stations. It would save them from playing the same song 3 or 4 times a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

I remember it, shame its gone always a good mixture of metal on it, *sob* I especially remember the last show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

its actually scarey how little metal is played on irish radio , sure how will people get to like it if they never hear it , we need a metal rock night on at least one of thr radio stations instead of a rendition of the same songs in a different order just about every night ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

I use to think that the metal show was only good for the first hour and was ****e in the second hr when he done the chats. I also thought he was only pretending to like the stuff he played.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by francie brady
    I use to think that the metal show was only good for the first hour and was ****e in the second hr when he done the chats. I also thought he was only pretending to like the stuff he played.
    Yeah I know, I'd say alot of the DJ's are like that. But when you think about it, there aren't many metalheads that would want to DJ on 2fm. I know I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

This is JK on the Radio, *sniff* the memories

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

I remember that a goodwhile back he was sitting in for Uaneen, ( I think it was JK), and id been mailing Uaneen asking for a bit of NIN evry now and then (she never had her NIN cd's with her seemingly ;)) But this guy played almost all of the Things falling Apart remix cd.. couldnt blieve it was 2fm.. well impressed.. *sniff* bring back metal show pleuze!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Same bat time same bat channel...

Ya I remember when he filled in for her. I would have though he would have made a great choice to take over her slot.... shame it was cut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

we could all b***h and moan at 2fm,like send them the same e-mail EVERY day.asking for the metal show back?there was a void left in my life that it left,and should fill ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭king of fifa

not to pi*s on every ones memory trip but does anyone remember that jk on the ladio(I sure it was ladio) metal show was only worth listening to for the second hour and he always cut tracks when the auld "language" got a bit colourful.i also have no doubt that there was some rte boss with a colt 45 to the side of his head when thie happened.i think we will get another metal show on the radio again;its just it will be like the last time,when the scene was just about to die.rte, always behind the times.

Advertisement