Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelance work?

• 02-05-2002 12:52pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey Y'all,

My first full-time web designing job is about to come to an end. From what i have herad there is absolutely squat out there at the moment, regarding full time work.

So I am about to head into the world of freelancing. I have a portfolio of about 6/7 commercial jobs, which i think are pretty good. 3 of which rank fairly high on search engines.

Anyway, whats the best approach for drumming up some business. I suppose i should do my own site to showcase mt sites, but anyone got any other ideas?

I'm off on holiday for a week or so, so forgive me if i dont respond to your tips/hints

Thanks

Manonthemoon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

Ropedrink

Your right there is very little out there, I do(did) a fair bit of development work on my todd for a few extra pounds, but it seems everything is drying up at the moment, but if you search hard you might be lucky.

Maybe target a specific group of people to see if they have any needs. Dont posta thread here to say you can design websites, you'll only look like a muppet if you do.

Download the new Macromedia MX and take some time to get to know that before you start.

hope it works out for you

Advertisement