Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting past the telecom mess (USA)

Options
  • 02-05-2002 1:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

This article - based around the battle between ILEC's and CLEC's (what we call "OLO's") in the US - is sadly relevant given continued speculation that Esat will pull out of the consumer market in Ireland. (The continued speculation smacks of controlled leaks from within Esat.)

Anyone got a couple million euros to spare? Myself and a few others are well up to do battle...

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

These leaks sound good, maybe the odtr will be forced to push on flat rate. I think i know why esat didnt request it, im pretty sure they would spend millions in court fees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

IoffL should officially support esat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Another interesting development is that the ODTR have brought over Bill Melody (, former chief
    economist at the Federal Communications Commission [FCC] and now a professor at Danish and Dutch universities. ) He appears to be running a workshop to convince the incumbent that it can indeed make money from selling wholesale products to other operators. We can only wish him the best of luck! :)

Advertisement