Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electronic voting - Be prepared!

• 02-05-2002 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭

I will be working as a poll clerk in the forthcoming election in. Voting will be electronic. I recently attended a training session on how to use the machine and I was impressed. Its not compliicated at all and I think it is a good idea in theory.
    The only problem is that there is only going to be 5 machines present at my particular voting centre. This will cause massive delays.
    One machine replaces 5 - 6 polling booths. At the nice referendum, although the turnout was quite low, the polling centre did experience some delay at peak times such as first thing in the morning, 6:00 and at closing time.
    Effectively, the 5 machines (which are the new pololing booths) replace about 25 wodden polling booths.
    This will cause problems for all concerned.
    The reason for so few 'machines' 3 people need to be employed for 1 machine while only 2 people need to be employed for 5 polling booths.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Will we not be able to spoil our votes, What if i want to make a statement.

Advertisement