Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is camping at witnness safe?

Options
  • 02-05-2002 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

i were just wondering if camping at witnness is safe, say for example leaving stuff in your tent while you've gone to throw sharp implements at the revs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

a few of us had those little suitcase locks for the front zips on the tent but *someone* slit through one of the tents with a knife, although nothing was taken...
    [wonder why that was, eh deco? :rolleyes: ]

its safe enough to leave most things but saying that, i wouldn't leave anything too valuable at the site, but that probably goes without saying...

and most people will probably be too lashed/stoned to even consider nicking stuff anyhow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

I wouldn't recommend using locks on your tent as this will only draw attention to the tent which can be easily slit with a knife or even a fork!!

The camp site last year was great craic and I didn't see any fights at all in the camp site or during gigs! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

last year, the tent i was staying in was slashed...and my friend in the tent next door went into my tent to find a dirty scumbag looking thru our stuff...nothing was missing when we got back though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

someone slept in my friends sleeping bag during the day and was wet when we found it... we had nothing that could have been stolen....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

I slept in a tent once at a festival, when I woke up gay burglars had broken in and tidied up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

best bet is not to bring anything decent with you, we had no trouble at the 2000 one, we had little bags we put everything in and brought them around with us

bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BEHOLD!

I remember at woodstock 99, we left passports..money...plane tickets and nothing was taken.
    that said...girls were raped and stuff was torched.
    It all boils down to the calibre of **** at these things.
    but bringing stuff you care about is probably not a good idea.
    there will certainly be a bunch of pricks there due to oasis...but thats nothing a few canisters of petrol and a match wont sort out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

The best thing to do to stop yerslf getting robbed at festivals is to make it blatantly obvious you have nothing worth stealing. Never leave anything in a rucksack in your tent, take it all out, it means that if someone wants to steal your stuff they'll have to trawl through the mess. Those tent locks are pretty much a red rag to a bull and as previously stated, it's piss easy to go through a tent with a wee knife. And the best bet is not to bring anything you can't replace easily, don't bring any expensive clothes stereos etc so even if you do get robbed it won't be anything that's a major loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BEHOLD!

actually my friend came home without his shoes,phone and dignity after witnness last year....of course he was off his face for the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭skittles

Hi guys...all I can say is 1)bring NOTHING of worth with you. Bring crappy tapes or CDRs if ya want music. any money should be on your person at all times. 2) I would lock my tent, I'd rather know someone was having a snoot and cut through my tent than not know that they jipped into me bottle of vodka. just tuk the lock in so they can't see it at first. 3) skittles tip of the year..bring a ****y radio and a few batteries and leave the radio on all day so the scumbags will think someones crashed out and move on....just don't put oasis on they may break in regardless thinkin it's the boys themselves.

visit www.aftertheparty.net to get a free CD for nothin' ;0)

• Advertisement
Advertisement