Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going Rates.....

• 05-06-2001 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭

How much would one expect to pay to get someone to fit a new motherboard, processor and memory?. I've been asked to do it for someone and was just wondering how much should i charge...I have no idea or what the going rates are?
    thanks in advance
    -sHEr!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

£30-50 smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

the crowd I work for charge £65 an hour minimum 2 hrs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

heh, easy money smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BNC:
    the crowd I work for charge £65 an hour minimum 2 hrs.</font>

Hmmm... that rate seems to have gone up by about a tenner a year over the past few years.

Bard
    "Henry! The cat wants to go out!" ... "Why, Min? Is he on fire?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I wouldn't really expect more than £30 an hour.. itdirect I know charge roughly £35 an hour (can't remember the exact figure).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Myself I charge £25 for the first hour and £15 for each additional hour, or depending on the job and the customer; £35 for the first hour and £10 for each additional hour.

Bear in mind these are Nixers; I might do one or two of 'em a week. Where I work we charge £24.99 standard charge for basic work, and £39.99 upwards if it requires more than 2/3 hours of labour. Plus parts of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Myself I charge £25 for the first hour and £15 for each additional hour, or depending on the job and the customer; £35 for the first hour and £10 for each additional hour.</font>
    But then, you can afford to charge less from your "offices" in the Phoenix park smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

It was only a matter of time before someone made that kind of comment smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Do the job, then see what you think its worth. If they give you abuse then stiff em!!

Dont forget to give students a discount, you used to be one of them too! - I fink...

I personally let the customer decide what they think its worth but that can get embarrassing - One guy handed me a tenner after I slaved for hours...I just laughed and gave him an invoice for £110 - Murhahaha!

Its your call, going rate..bah, depends on the area it depends on each person, it depends how much you need to go out the following night...

Best bet is to do the job you'll neverk now how much its worth till the job is done...

IvAn
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

get the work done . if u run into probs charge mor but min £50 . and if its a she and she looks good charge 30 and a bj

• Advertisement
Advertisement