Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chorus and NTL must be jumping for joy

• 02-05-2002 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Cable companies Chorus and NTL must be this very moment jumping for joy after the GAA blocked RTE's coverage of all GAA matches on SKY. This is a huge blow to RTE and SKY and to all of us who want to make the switch.
    Just as we were drinking champagne celebrating RTE's arrival on sky, the good old GAA ruins everything as usual.
    The two faced Backstards.
    Firstly they don't want other sports being played at 'THEIR' stadium which we all paid for with our good taxes. They would have made plenty of money from that.
    Now they have a fit when RTE goes on SKY. oh no we will lose out on 5m.
    Firstly you people at the GAA
    RTE only has a reception area around the british isles., due to the low satellite. This only accounts for a small amount of setanta's income. They are world wide.Australia , america and across europe.
    i'm sure setanta wouldn't mind.
    Its also going to be very hard to get rte in theukand you need to subscribe in ROI andd have an address here
    You idiots

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rbarry

Good point Jim bob....

As an ex-pat I like to follow the odd game wherever I might be - in the US or in London. Setanta has the market sown up. I must remind you that on US and UK radio recently Ireland was voted the most corrupt nation in Europe. Is it any wonder that the twisted GAA has run for the hills on this one?

they'd loose control of the backhanders or worse still they'd run the risk of having more people interested in the games and have fewer tickets to scratch peoples backs with.

As a young fella they used to make my skin crawl. Arrogant, twisted, devious, miserable auld feckers! I would have thought that Sky was a great forum to sell advertising and would have afforded them a bigger international recognition. Jesus guinness does more advertising for the sports than they do!

Rot in hell GAA - long may you stay in deValera's Ireland - alone, arrogant and ignorant.... I'm gonna stick with rugby at least I can watch that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

not that i actually care about the GAA or even watch RTE but i dont see their problem? Firstly you can get RTE with a good ariel in some of the UK.. and secondly on sky digital you can ONLY get RTE with a ROI viewing card! As it stands the UK sky customers cant view the irish stations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rbarry

NTL have an attempt at a magazine here in the UK - do you guys get that in Ireland? If so you'd think they'd annouce these on the website as well as the magazine, right?

well I don't think chorus have much jump left to have any joy-considering they lost Irp£35 million last year:D

But I can see NTL and "it's TV " literature proclaiming We have GAA.
    mm

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I can't help but wonder if this thread would do better in the Digital Satellite forum - where conincidently there is a thread open on this very subject...

Lets see how things develop...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Yes, and there is an argument that all of these threads should be put in the Irish Telly forum, after all, we are talking about RTÉ programming

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jimbob

please don't move this as there's enough said about rte and the gaa in the sat forum.
    its got nothing to do with irish television as its about availability rather than quality of programming

Advertisement