Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compaq Presario 1245 Display Drivers?

• 02-05-2002 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Hey I'm looking for the correct display driver for a compaq Presario 1245 notebook. I was on the compaq website and I found a bit of help but since I dont have the laptop I cant act on it.

The owner installed the wrong drivers for the laptop (dont ask me why) and now they need to know how to get the right ones back on.

The advice on the webite requires you to have the laptop still in its original setup which I'm not sure it is, so I'm looking for an alternative just in case. If anyone knows what type of graphics adapter is in the laptop or even better a direct link to the drivers it would be super helpful (man that sounds silly).

Thanks in advance.

Baz_

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...that laptop uses a Neomagic 2097 graphics chipset. However, you may want to get the diagnostics thingy from here to be sure...

Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Really wierd, I just cut and pasted the title of this topic into google, and found this:

http://www.video-drivers.com/companies/236.htm

Strange that.

Originally posted by Gerry
    Really wierd, I just cut and pasted the title of this topic into google, and found this:

http://www.video-drivers.com/companies/236.htm

Strange that.

This gives me an idea for a gathering card... :D

Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

hehehe, well you see my faith in boards.ie made me post here before searching. I searched before I read any replies (in fact I forgot I posted at all after doing the search because I got the same link) and so the problem was solved. Thanks for the replies anyway, but you should see it as a complement that I post before I search ;)

Originally posted by Baz_
    ...but you should see it as a complement that I post before I search ;)

...and then you found it so important to post that you, erm, forgot you did it? :confused:

Gadget ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

well i considered it important to find a solution so I posted first knowing full well id get one here, then I searched got one before I checked back, then I went to bed then.... bah forget it ;)

Originally posted by Inspector Gadget

This gives me an idea for a gathering card... :D

Gadget

hehe, go for it, I think its long overdue :)

Hopefully, you'll like this:

sherlock.txt

Gadget :D
    (No offence Baz_...)

haha, nice one.

Advertisement