Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

umm...my SNL borked already?

• 05-06-2001 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Tried to connect to SNL at aboot 7.20pm and I kept getting an error message telling me to check my password and try again. I know it's the right password/username. :/

Hello? 5th of June? HELLO?

Bah.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,461 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I was the same as of 1948 i am able to connect again..sounds like esat are doing trial runs smile.gif, gowd that last hour was hell!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I cant get on SNL anymore and im billed from 24th to the 24th

Britany Spears Looking incredible

Keep trying..it's NOT cutoff yet, just the regular connect with esat problems...

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

auth server for nolimits is b0rked atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Same prob here Pie at least i got utv in backup and its strangely better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Longfield:
    I was the same as of 1948 i am able to connect again..</font>

They had SNL back in 1948??? And you've been trying since then to get connected? More power to ya! wink.gif

BTW- had the same problems on IOL Free - seemed to sort itself out after a few redials.

Bard
    "Henry! The cat wants to go out!" ... "Why, Min? Is he on fire?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    They had SNL back in 1948??? And you've been trying since then to get connected? More power to ya! wink.gif
    </font>

haha!

Anyways, yah service back to its pathetically slow normal now. I just spent...about 60p on UTVInternet! I'm sueing esat, I need that money.

False alarm anyway, phew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Cliph

I still can't get on, I've been trying for the past hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Cliph

You can't get on the internet but you can post on boards.ie ?
    </font>

I can't get onto /esat/ but I can get on the Internet.

... ok, that's odd. There was definitely a post there when I replied, but when my reply was posted the post I was replying to had vanished. Honest.

[This message has been edited by Cliph (edited 05-06-2001).]

BTW- had the same problems on IOL Free - seemed to sort itself out after a few redials.

</font>

Funny guy smile.gif,it was a scary time though, i'm thinking of starting a newsgroup..alt.ienolimits.recovery, ya reckon there are others like me that will need help?, JK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

plenty of people need help...

see www.irelandoffline.com smile.gif

[edit]: Cliph, I removed my posting because I saw the mistake in what I said. I thought I was quick enough but darnit I wasn't wink.gif

Bard
    "Henry! The cat wants to go out!" ... "Oh dear, Min! Is he on fire, again?"

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 05-06-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Funnily enough, SNL has been working perfectly for me... been connected for the last 4 and a half hours without bother.

- Munch

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

SNL and Free wouldn't work so whipped out an eircom CD, couldn't get it to connect so uninstalled it (eircom tools or whatever), it had overwritten IE and OE (partially so both were useless), got ****ed off, backed everything up and formatted the hard-drive.

Been meaning to do it for ages anyway, happy now, once I'd Win re-installed SNL was up and running again

Must write down all the phone numbers rather than using crappy installation CDs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭moist

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ConUladh:

Must write down all the phone numbers rather than using crappy installation CDs
    </font>

http://iiu.taint.org/details/index.html

Not much use if you can't get on D'Internet, though might help if you print it out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

Nice One, thanks

Advertisement