Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delta Force 2

Options
  • 02-05-2002 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Just wanted to know if there are any Irish df2 players around, I don't see many.....does anyone play the game?

Is it ever played at any of the LANs or are they all full of CS players?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭rabid

played it for a while...seemed to be a hog on the old framerate even with a half decent system.

even got df:lw and played that online for a while too.....

..but nee longer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

myself and ronrum used to play all the time. played in the public games hosted onthe novalogic server. lag wasnt to bad. Great game, u just sit , wait, snipe. hours of fun right there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Used to play DF2 alot (several years ago) both online and on the work LAN while the boss wasnt watching.. Ohh the peons in the call centre used to get a thrashing from me and the rest of the web design dept.. But anyway *coming back to present day* Havent played any DF2 since I got flashpoint. Hmmmm flashpoint.. If u avent got it, get it! It makes DF look like an episode of bear in the big blue house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Delta Force 2 several years ago. I don't think that even Delta Force 1 is that old.

DF1 is definitely a couple of years old, DF2 pretty old also....

..liked the old terrains that the series is capable of prodcing but the old in-door action pretty much sucked - especially in DF2

..the AI was also pretty questionnable, somewhere between dumbass and 007 with a AK-47 at 1000 metres

still, enjoyed DF:LW while it lasted, and a wee bit of on-line.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I have been playing it a lot lately. I have a LAN at home, a couple of Geforce 4Ti based machines and a Geforce 2Ti, however, I have a couple of older voodoo systems, so when the lads come round, we are limited by the older machines, in this instance, we go co-op on Delta Force 2 (although I got 3 recently and thats flavour of the month right now).

Good game despite the dated Voxel engine. I have to say that even playing Co-op on 2 XP1700's Geforce4400 Ti, 256 DDR based systems across a LAN (100mbts speed), the framerate is choppy (Men seem to teleport from one location to another instead of run) which is a bit sloppy from a coding point of view.

Still when theres only a couple of us and we use the good machines, Ghost Recon, co op, pees all over Delta Force.

......pauses briefly to regain composure.

..man, you lucky dog.

sounds like the bomb.

played a bit of the old GR and you're right - pretty groovy, have you checked out the 2nd instalment to it yet? :confused:

I have GR Desert Siege as well. Haven't played it yet though. Set in Africa,but by god doesn't it look like afghanistan, coincidence that eh ? Looking forward to playing it. Very cool game. Very Very hard though, just the way I like it. Trouble is I have too many games, I have yet to touch Medal Of Honor, so I am going to go at that before I get back to GR.

Theres a few other good un's in a similar vein coming out soon, including Delta Force 4, looks good.

Op Flash is better than GR though :/

Agreed. Op Flash is the king. The most immersive game I have ever played. In no other game would I spend 2 hours crawling back to base with shot up legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

Op flashpoint, any game where you have the ability to drive a tractor rules. (the tractor is on the mission to blow up the tanks)

By the way, ive been trying to leave a satchel charge in a jeep, tear up to full spead, eject/jump, the jeep stays going, then blow it up, anyone else done anything like this with any success, cos i keep killing myself

Nope :)

Best thing to do though is to drive away from 3 T80 tanks in a jeep with mud flying over the bonnet. Phroom! :D

Advertisement