Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iggy Pop v Olympiakos

Options
  • 02-05-2002 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭

43 yo-yo's or 48 for a seat. Is the ticket price on a basis of 1 euro for every year the particular artist has been born after booking fee o course. F u c k i n scandalous, Arthur Daley is alive and well

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

AH I know but its Iggy Pop!!! IGGY POP!!!! Gotta go bedamned the expense!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

Why can't those money hungry bastards at MCD add him to the Witnness bill the day (or so) before? He's playing a few festivals in the UK that weekend.

If you go see him London Arena on July 13th you get to see Pitchshifter, The Wildhearts, Soulfly and a few more over two stages for 22 quid sterling (35 euro) or you could go to Nottingham on July 20th where you'll get to see Iggy, Green Day, Rival Schools, A, Hundred Reasons, 3 Colours Red, Raging Speedhorn, [spunge] and at least a half dozen or more acts for a very respectable 25 quid sterling (40 euro). What will we get in the Olympia? One dodgy support act and piss warm beer undoubtedly. Grand for those with guest list/ligger passes, pocket burning for the rest of us.

I saw him at HQ around the time of the MTV Awards, he wasn't much cop to be honest despite all the backslapping "ohh isn't he a living legend eh?" bull scutter that was been bandied about in the wake of his performance. Quite frankly, and I hate to admit it, he's past it and that kind of money for a gig in the dying lady that is the Olympia is yet another MCD joke at our expense.

MCD make me f ucking puke. Fair enough they bring in some good acts, but their stranglehold of the live scene is getting beyond a joke. Is it just me or has anyone noticed a remarkable increase in their prices since the euro came in?

Advertisement