Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long hair?

Options
  • 03-05-2002 12:17am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was wondering how many of you here have long hair?Did any one sell out like me(offered a promotion-company car etc.) and get it cut.
    Im at that horrible in-between stage where its too long to keep neat looking and too short to be considered respectable in metal circles.I look like an Oasis reject at the minute.Soon Ill be back to all my crowning glory...........bout 6-8 months.I wonder will I keep trying to grow it........
    Anyone give us your thoughts on this one.Because I was going to go for the bald look but because of my build I reckon Id look like a concentration camp refugee with huge ears.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've got some pretty long hair.
    Fun for swinging at concerts, or doing up in big pig-tails.

Here's a wonderfully lame pic that was taken when I was very, very very very pissed indeed.

Dscf0101.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Did have it long, got it cut a bit, then got it properly short!! Didn't mind long hair but I don't intend to grow it back.......... yet!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

haircut - i'm no familiar with that word!!!!!

fought to damn long in school (years ago) to get it cut (i did, but then i grew it back even longer). so if someone offers me a great job but the hair has to go, i wont say no, merely compromise (ponytails!!! pigtails!!!!)

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Yea, long hair is excellent. I'm actually looking forward to mine going gray.

Grow those locks richie. :D

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

my hair is pretty long , i can almost sit on it , its down to , well its down to my a*s , but i is a gal , hey maybe i should get it cut ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I've got fairly long hair too. I've been asked so many times would I cut for money, "for me (by girls)", etc, etc.

And nope .. not until I want to get it cut myself!

ANyone who was at the boards piss-up who saw me can testify to its length :)

too right , you do become well literally attached to it ,(pardon the pun there lads )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

I love long hair (on guys & girls) and I can sit on mine...

aw cool you can sit on it , deadly !one day it took the hairdresser an hour and a half to put mine uo , it was so funny , she nearly killed me .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I have been growing mine for 2 years now. I have been offered money to get it cut on many occasions. Maximun I've been offered is IR£50.

Still refused iy, though. I've heard a lot of rumours that people are going round thinking that I'm gay, though. So I'm kind of thinking about getting it cut. Plus I'm fearing that it might make my chances of being employed very slim.

Although I will try to keep my long hair form as long as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

I keep getting split ends! I think I need to change my conditioner :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i've been growing mine for 2-3 years, since 5th year in school.

that was fun :)
    I get asked a few times every month if I would ever cut it, why i never cut it, and when the **** am I going to cut it...

i just smile and tell em ta feck off :)

Originally posted by OLDYELLAR

one day it took the hairdresser an hour and a half to put mine uo ,

That was certainly a treat. I don't trust hairdresser, I like my hair to much!!! I ask a friend to cut the end from times to times, but only because hers is as long as mine and I know she won't mess up

Originally posted by Oeneus
    I have been growing mine for 2 years now. I have been offered money to get it cut on many occasions. Maximun I've been offered is IR£50.

Once a hairdresser ran after me in the street to buy it in order to make whigs with it. He offered £1000 for it... As a student I was tempted, but no way. It took me 10 years to grow it... I keep it!

thats a good idea , would she do mine ?the hairdresser i go to can be a bit dodgey at times , one time she cut it crooked and then she had to cut more off the other side to straighten it up , but the others i go to are afraid to trim it, incase they take too much.

Originally posted by Mordeth

I get asked a few times every month if I would ever cut it, why i never cut it, and when the **** am I going to cut it...

I had to endure my older brother and father from 2nd year to 6th year telling me to cut it or else I wouldn't get a job. Then I repeated my Leaving Cert in Ashfield college, and had to endure them at it again.

It only got worse through college, with the two of them pestering me constantly and trying to "sit me down and give me some friendly advice" (ie. change tactics)

I still have it, have a good job that I also love, and they've given up 'cause I proved them wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Last cut mine in 1990. But it hasn't got any longer in about 8 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Should this not be moved to the 'hairdressers and makeup' forum, so all the other pretty girls can join in as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Mordeth

You're also asked to get it washed frequently. You never do. :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

nothing like a good head of long hair on a bloke! it's got that Samson like thingie going for it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

i had long hair for about 8 years. Apart from school noone ever really gave me grief about it. Eventually i just got sick of the hassle involved in it and realised i only ever had it in a pony tail anyway, so i got it cut. (In a bet in las vegas - if your going to do something, do it right :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

i do not like long hair *at all* as soon as i can take a fist of my hair then it needs cutting

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Beruthiel-you are dead right about the SAMSON effect.Ive never felt the same since I got my locks cut.Biggest regret I have.Ok I got the usual smelly rocker and the likes-Jesus I even got whistled at by builders when they were behind me :) But I still miss it.
    And since Im at that in-between stage where I look like some animal has become surgically attached to my scalp-Im now contemplating getting it cut this weekend.
    Should of called this a support group for short-haired people trying to regrow their hair.
    So cmon people I need support to get through this mop-stage of hair regrowth:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Let it grow folks! Don't conform!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Longhair is more of a uniform that short hair nowadays. By having longhair you're just as bad as anyone else in that you are conforming to what metallers should look like. That in itself is a uniform. Pffft.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

See the first post-As Ive already said I have sold out.But am trying to get back to my former glory.
    Its when you look in that mirror first thing in the morning and see young einstein that that barber shop becomes more of a reality.

Originally posted by yellum
    Longhair is more of a uniform that short hair nowadays. By having longhair you're just as bad as anyone else in that you are conforming to what metallers should look like. That in itself is a uniform. Pffft.

I'm not sure I agree with you there now yellum, just 'cos you have long hair, doesn't necessarily mean you are into heavy metal, that's a stereotypical remark!!! Lots of people have long hair because it suits them and for no other reason and as I said, it does have the aarrrrrrrrrr factor!

Originally posted by richie18
    See the first post-As Ive already said I have sold out.But am trying to get back to my former glory.
    Its when you look in that mirror first thing in the morning and see young einstein that that barber shop becomes more of a reality.

poor richie18 :( doesn't find himself cute anymore!! don't worry now chicken, it'll be alright ;) the next 6 years will just fly by and then you'll be back to your former glory! until then stop looking in the mirror and I believe carrots are good for growing your hair :D

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    it does have the aarrrrrrrrrr factor!

aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Originally posted by Khynareth

Once a hairdresser ran after me in the street to buy it in order to make whigs with it. He offered £1000 for it... As a student I was tempted, but no way. It took me 10 years to grow it... I keep it!

You know, this could start a profitable business! :D
    But then again...10 years to get £1000 worth of hair. Hmmm...

Advertisement