Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long hair?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Lemming

aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :D

mad yoke! :D

also I forgot to remind you - your hair are you ariels man!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the whole "all mettlers have long hair" view is pish, and is pretty much only held by people who aren't mettlers tbh :)

long hair just more fun to headbang with, you feel like you're doing something with your time, instead of just looking like an epileptic having a bad fit.

You're also asked to get it washed frequently. You never do

hehe, burn :)
    i wash my hair regularly enough now, i just couldn't be bothered when i was in school, but now I have to look good for the college laydeez :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I find a real stigma attached to your hair length. I find many rockers/punks seem to write me off before even talking to me because I don't really look like a rocker. My hair won't grow long in the normal sense. If I let it go, It'll just become a mongo afro, no joking, so it's not worth the hassle. Even walking into 'trendy' rocker bars like Brux and Fibbers, I get strange looks 'cos my hair is 'normal' (I keep it 2-3blade short). I'd love to have long hair, or at least dreads, but I can't. So it reallys annoys me when some tosser gives me weird looks or refuses to talk to me (while talking to my friends, say). I mean IT'S ONLY HAIR!! ffs

you're only saying that cos your jealous :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Beruthiel

also I forgot to remind you - your hair are you ariels man!!!

eh???? You've lost me there :confused:

Originally posted by seamus
    I find a real stigma attached to your hair length. I find many rockers/punks seem to write me off before even talking to me because I don't really look like a rocker. My hair won't grow long in the normal sense. If I let it go, It'll just become a mongo afro, no joking, so it's not worth the hassle. Even walking into 'trendy' rocker bars like Brux and Fibbers, I get strange looks 'cos my hair is 'normal' (I keep it 2-3blade short). I'd love to have long hair, or at least dreads, but I can't. So it reallys annoys me when some tosser gives me weird looks or refuses to talk to me (while talking to my friends, say). I mean IT'S ONLY HAIR!! ffs

That's happened to a few of my mates in Bruxelles. I tell em to screw people like that cause they're not worth pissing on. If you wont talk to my mates cause they don't look "rocker-y", then f*ck you I ain't gonna even contemplate urinating on you.

Hell it happened to me in Fibbers on hallo'ween about 2 yearse ago (on one of my oh-so-infrequent-visits to teh place). I walked in wearing blue jeans and a white t-shirt, just looknig for a couple of mates to let them know we were in Bruxelles after all. I had people looking sideways at me cause i wasn't wearing black *shock horror* Never mind the fact I had/have longer hair then them (not to mention that I was able to grow hair on my face unlike many of them ;) )

All rather pathetic really.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering .. I DO look after my hair :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Lemming

eh???? You've lost me there :confused:

"Your hair are your aerials to the cosmos man, this is why all bald men are uptight. Well known fact." Danny from Withnail and I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

My hair has just reached the long enough to look decent stage. AND it's naturally blonde (very bright blonde). On a guy. Which is so cool!

But yeah... I don't really like being labelled as a metaller. It's so cliché. I'd much rather be thought of as a big scary hippy (which, to be fair, is what i am).

Originally posted by Dustaz

"Your hair are your aerials to the cosmos man, this is why all bald men are uptight. Well known fact." Danny from Withnail and I.

*lol* Haven't seen that film in YEEARRS!!

Ta Dustaz :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

I love my hair, only started growing it long last summer (its made 3rd year not so much fun, damn knacker school :( ) so its only just past my sholders :( and it keeps curling at the bottom! any one know how to fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

And what is everyone's preferred hair products? :)))))))))))))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i have too many split ends , whats good for that , and please dont suggest a scissors ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Tazz T
    And what is everyone's preferred hair products? :)))))))))))))

*I wonder do they still make that shampoo I like?*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

That'll be beer. Excellent for your hair and also makes bathtime much more fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

Had me hair long from 3rd year to 5th year.. ponytail etc.. then went on the skinhead run for the past 7 years.. wet shaving it.. 0'ing it all the time.. looking like a severe national front member.. but just the other week i decided.. fúck it.. ill get dreads.. so now my hair is about an inch long (you can start the dreading process at 3 inches) its fúcking everywhere but i really dont give a ballix.. i gel it up all spikey for headin out and in the next 5-6 months ill be getting it backcombed and planting a million rubber bands it it to hold dem dreads in place.. :)

A wee change sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

hey chief , i think spikes rock really hard , go you !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Originally posted by Thomas from Presence
    Let it grow folks! Don't conform!!!!!!!!

Best long hair EVOR!
    136382.jpg
    :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭king of fifa

i never realised what age demographics meant untill i hit 26.yet here i am 26,already slowing down,unable to shake my head furiously for 4 hours non stop anymore yet i still have the mane that was my primary source of pussy gathering in my teens.the reason i still have itis because i refused to sell out for jobs or other peoples idea of respectability.it is not to do with a music choice anymore;it is to do with previous experiences of mistreatment because of my hair.i encountered problems in cert when i was 18 and cut it to continue the course.regretted giving in to them ever since.i then had the pleasure of encoutering another nazi in fas(fools after school)who had issues with my flowing locks as well.he had such an issue with them that he refused to give me a reference after the course had finished even though i had the best attendance in the class.things i think have change and as i have got older no one really bothers me about it any more,but then i am in a rubbish job that no one else would do.So was all the pain worth it ? probably not;but every nu metaller(trousers made out of tents and plenty of "issues") in cork shows me respect ;and i din't sell my soul for corporate gain. i can see my tombstone already...............

dude.. paragraphs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭col_nicholson

I want to grow my hair long but i dont know how to do it and how long it takes. Between the shortish and long stage what do you do with it i have to keep it kind of tidy? anyone help?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by col_nicholson
    I want to grow my hair long but i dont know how to do it and how long it takes. Between the shortish and long stage what do you do with it i have to keep it kind of tidy? anyone help?
    Well I have been growing mine for over a year now (I used to shave it) and its down below my mouth. If you keep cutting the tips of your hair, it'll grow faster. And as for keeping it tidy, wear a beanie hat. It'll straighten and flatten it out a little. Thats what I do anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

what will i do? hair is cool long or short, should i keep it the lenght it is the fring is about 1/2 centimeter from my eyebrows or let it a wee bit more or go really short? i think the lenght it is.

i really need some advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I keep my head shaved. Once the hair gets long enough to grab with my hand it gets shaved again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by Hellrazer
    Jesus I even got whistled at by builders when they were behind me :)

*lol*

ive got waist length hair. but am also female. i got it straightened for a night out once, and it took 2 hairdressers an hour and half to do it!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

nothing beats a good head of hair on a guy :)

you're tellin me!

*winks at angelwhore*

back on topic though, the worst thing about long hair is when I try to sleep.. I hate the feeling of hair against my skin.. it just really irritates me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

i've been growing mine for the past few years, and damn I look hot and sexy with it, I am one of the few people that looks like a complete dork with short hair - guess its just me :)

seriously i have always prefered long hair, hell even sleeping on your own or with "someone special" (glove puppets are acceptable in this case) long hair can be fun (oh imagine the hours of foreplay you can have with yourself)*

* at the time of writing Ph3n0m is a tad pissed, so please excuse him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Tbh I much prefer short hair. I find it suits me a lot more, it's a lot more manageable (I just don't have time for separate shampoo and conditioner :p) and it is more respectable.

Fair play to Mordeth and AngelWhore for keeping their hair long. I'll bet ye get some stick about it from time to time, and more power to ye. However, the whole idea that in order to be a metaller you should have long hair is rubbish IMO. Some people just can't grow it that long (I'm sure that in a few years I'll be bald too :o ).

Just because it defies convention doesn't make it any more 'rebel' or 'individualistic'. Sometimes stuff like long hair, leather clothing, piercings etc can become as much of a uniform as suits and ties. It all depends on the persons outlook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

i'd really love dreads but my parents wont lend me a credit card to order the really cool dreading stuff on this site (theyre afraid i will get beat up by scummers for havin dreads)

so does anyone know any places where u could buy this stuff or a place where you could get dreads done?(in Dublin)

and has anyone ever got beat up or any crap like that cuz of your long hair?

Advertisement