Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Analogue sockets with NTL Digital

• 03-05-2002 9:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know can the inward cable be split for analogue distribution before it reaches the STB, or does the analogue feed have to come from the back of the box?

Ta

.cg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The installer who put mine in did it that way. He replaced the cable from the distribution box on the roof of the house with higher grade "digital" cable, put in a new TV/FM splitter, ran a 10cm piece of cable from the TV outlet to another splitter which feeds the stb and analogue seperately.

I tried running a cable from the stb out into a tv but I didn't get any analogue signal, not sure if it is a faulty box or what. It does mean no rf distribution around the house for digital though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

My stb does have an rf out connection (marked "TV") but nothing comes out of it (no analogue loopthrough or modulated stb signal), the manual that came with it had a diagram which showed a loopthrough connection which is why I think it may be faulty.
    The installation is about 6 months old and I reckon the box was new then.
    I suppose I could call ntl out but it doesn't bother me that much at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mickyperry

With NTL in Belfast I have Digital, Analogue and Cable modem running.

All you do is split the singal before the Digital Box.

With Dublin the channels are broadcasted on the VHF bands all you do is split before the Digtal box and then run the VHF to where you want the singal in your home.

The analogue and Digtal are all in the same band from the Cable Head End no problem.

Best thing to use is a passive two way splitter 5-1000 Mhz from Vocom.

Any problem email check my profile for my email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

ta for all the info guys.

.cg

Advertisement