Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protection Racket

Options
  • 03-05-2002 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Im hoping to open a shop on Capel st or Abbey st , but i was told that **certain people** are running protection rackets in these areas any know anything about this?

bomb

EDIT:
    Removed Ethnic Groups Reference

And BTW, Contact the Gardai if you are having difficulty- It's more a criminal matter.

80p

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ive also heard about this "protection racket"going on in that are.The best way of finding out is to ask the Garda at Harcourt st.
    They`re usually helpful if you explain the situation to them.If its going on they will know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Again i heard the same thing.

Its something to consider before you open your business, thats for sure.
    Why not drop into a small local shop, and have a chat with the proprietor, and ask him off the record, what is it like for him.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

That chap who has the shop on Capel Street that cuts keys and sells car stuff is fairly talkative. Old chap originally from Cork (I think) - he'd probably tell you straight.

Advertisement