Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bbc card

• 03-05-2002 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I received a NI bbc card yesterday and activated it last night without any problems - to all who have contributed comments on how to go about receiving and activating same - may I say t.you!

One small question though (theres always a catch), whilst on to the sky centre, I was told that they were recording the conversation and someone form customer services would call me in 3 weeks.

Is this normal ?? Are they basically trying to catch u out to see if the bbc card is still at registered address.

thanx

alfa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

You often read in advertising blurbs for phone lines that sometimes the calls are recorded "for training purposes", so it's nothing to worry about.

They're really checking on the quality of the customer service offered by their operators.

If they do ring you back, they'll probably just ask you if you were happy with how your call was handled etc.

Thats true.
    It will be interesting though to have them check out the quality of the Customer care/Operator in the BBC Card section with someone in ROI(since they will know that thats what they are doing when the dial +353 etc)...
    It's a tad ironic if it happens.
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭dosfromclare

I had a similar question in relation to the call back for a customer sat survey and said that I would rather not participate. This was accepted without a problem. I have to say that the effort was well worth the gain and all thanks to this information share.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭IrishBazza

I received my BBC FTA Card a few days ago. I had the advice from this site regarding registering, in particular changing the 5th and 6th digit of my digibox serial number. I phoned armed with all my information, post code, address and serial box number (digits changed around) to avoid any difficult situations.

To my disbelief, I give the girl on the BBC Desk (really Sky Desk) my BBC card number, name and address, and she confirmed whether the card was in my box, I said yes. Ok sir your card is now registered, and your BBC 1 would take upto 4 to 24 hours to registered. Within seconds all channels registered, with BBC 1 coming on the next morning. No serial number was asked. Bearing in mind that the card was registered in NI. I was surprised that she did not ask for my digibox number. A new development in this area. With my theory that the serial number is used only to counter check the digibox for Irish box, or a Sky box still within the 12 month contract.

Thanks to everyone for advice on this area. I have my 16 regions ITV Channels back, BBC Choice, Ch4 and Ch5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Welcome to Real Tv. Cancel your sky as its full of ads> RE serial numbers, it dosent matter whatever you give the bbc, card is addressed not the box.
    Enjoy your free viewing, I DO.!

• Advertisement
Advertisement