Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'new' pixies album

Options
  • 03-05-2002 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭

this has been posted elsewhere on boards, but i thought it would be of interest to some of you here:

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2002/0501/pixies.html

4AD must be so happy with the pixies, they're their cash cow and they're milking them to death. soon enough they'll have released more albums after their demise than when they were still going. i'm betting a live album is next.

having said that, this album should be interesting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

I thought the B-sides album was a bit of a disappointment, hence why they were b-sides i suppose. Anything that is a contemporary of Come On Pilgrim, a fu<king damn fine album, is good with me! One other thing, once the record label doesn't go down the road of 'remixes', like what happened with the recent Stone Roses remixes rubbish, they can re-release stuff as much as they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 keefer

Hey Joey D, why are you a fourth year cadet????
    Have you joined the marines??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 keefer

...and why am I a 2nd year? Am I a marine? Will I have o cut my hair? Am i ging to have to travel the world having sex with prostitutes? Hello? Hello? Anyone there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Keefer: New User Titles

Pixies pwn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

does anyone else think that the pixies were WAY too similar to the jesus and mary chain?

heard them the other day and thought that it was the pixes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

um, from what i know of the jesus and mary chain, the two bands couldn't really have sounded any different. i know the pixies did a cover of head on (maybe that's what you heard) but even those two versions sounded so so different. i guess the pixies were influenced by jesus and mary chain (i think alot of bands were).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anony

I can hear some similarities.....but there's not contest really, the pixies walk all over the mary chain.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BEHOLD!

the singer is now in Queen Adreena.
    she's a bit mad..but cool.
    sweet band though...

Advertisement